Ncase 5900x@eco NH-U9S single core temperature problems

Bullz

n00b
Hi,

Have the pc mentioned below. At Cinebench R23 I have very good temperatures but as soon as a game or Windows demands full performance on 1,2 cores the temperatures rise significantly.

Have Elden Ring in background now and at 83 degrees at RPM 1515 ( see picture ).

Can I improve the temperatures by switching the fans from intake to exhaust ?
Fan:
2 Intake 9 cm Noctua fans on the heatsink of the CPU cooler ( costum fan curve but 1200 rpm here).
1 Intake 12cm Noctua at the side panel @ 800 rpm ( over 1000 rpm loud )
1 Intake power supply
( all serves the positive pressure principle what i read )

and what can I do in general to get better temps without buying a new cooler ?

My Pc
Power supply: Corsair SF750
GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 12GB
SSD: XPG ASX8200PNP-2TT-C SX8200 PRO 2 TB
Mainboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS Pro AX ( latest BIOS )
Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S
Ram: 2xCrucial Ballistix BL2K16G36C16U4R 3600 MHz, DDR4, DRAM
CPU: 5900x eco @65 Watt
Case:ncase m1 v6.1
Windows 11

Attachments

• ncasetemps.png
    ncasetemps.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
switch the fan on the bracket and psu to exhaust and to remove the heat from the case a good idea ?

Undervolt that 3080! Its the heat rising from the video card. Went through similar battle with with my CM N200 build. These gpu's dump alot of heat and the heat was rising. Keep the PSU intaking fresh air. Also look at https://www.youtube.com/c/OptimumTech his YT channel. He covers this case alot with best airflow setup etc...

Check your voltages. Also try use the Ryzen Master optimizer for a per core voltage adjustment

Last edited:
switch the fan on the bracket and psu to exhaust and to remove the heat from the case a good idea ?

It looks like every fan is set up for intake. I would probably leave the PSU as it is, swap the CPU to push through and then rear to exhaust. If there's room for a top mounted fan, I'd use it.

Agree. Cpu fan needs to push on the cooler and rear fan as exhaust. Or you could flip the side fan to exhaust and keep intake from the rear. The NCase doesn’t support a top fan if memory serves.
The psu is fine.

Back