Nahimic...

Psycrow

Gawd
I got a Asus Hero xiii board with realtek audio onboard sound.
Lately i noticed something called Nahimic is running in my task manager.

I also heard that it is only for MSI boost or enhanced sound quality boards.
Like a driver. Can i just stop or remove this Nahimic "tool" since it blocks for my thermal take riing quad fans to run in any sound mode.
When i disable or stop Nahimic service then the thermal take riing quad fans works fine with sound modes.

I have no clue how it got on my new pc in the first place..prolly thru some codex i installed.

Do i realy need this Nahimic serive to run ?
Since we have asus sonic studio to enhance sound.

Nahimic is part of the sonic studio component of your realtek audio driver installer. I downloaded and extracted your mobos realtek audio driver and found the nahimic service 32 and 64bit version in the A-volute folder of the driver so it appears the sonic studio is dependent upon nahimic software for at least part of its functionality. You could just disable automatic startup of nahimic and reboot to see exactly how dependent sonic studio is of the service and if breaks audio functionality just reenable auto start up and reboot.

Nahimic is part of the sonic studio component of your realtek audio driver installer. I downloaded and extracted your mobos realtek audio driver and found the nahimic service 32 and 64bit version in the A-volute folder of the driver so it appears the sonic studio is dependent upon nahimic software for at least part of its functionality. You could just disable automatic startup of nahimic and reboot to see exactly how dependent sonic studio is of the service and if breaks audio functionality just reenable auto start up and reboot.
Thanks alot for taking time to find out :)
I will run some test and see what part of sonic studio it controls.

Back