My monitor smells like it is going to explode :(

DrWhooves

n00b
First of all, thank you for peeking at my post!

Secondly,

I know absolutely nothing about monitors, how or why they work - I just expect that when I turn it on that it not kill me with noxious fumes.

My monitor is an off brand, I-INC iH282 28 inch, that I purchased about three or four years ago. Worked brilliantly up until about two days ago and then fumes.

I took the back off and I think I may have nailed down where the smell is coming from.

06VDmJF.jpg

That's a picture of it with its back off,

Here's a picture of some kind of board

r6xLF9n.jpg

and here's a picture with an arrow pointing at the thing that I believe is making the terrible smell.

Bn8SNXr.jpg

Does anyone happen to know what the board in picture #2 is called so I can possibly look for replacements/does anyone happen to know a place that might sell replacement boards?

Thank you so much!

I am so sorry! I don't know how to re-size the pictures! I didn't realize they would try to take over the universe!

I made the mistake of trying to view this thread on a netbook.
*glances at giant-sized capacitors*

you can resize pics in Win7 easily (mspaint now opens jpg and MANY other file types) reduce that stuff by 50-75%

is that anti-static or tinfoil on the monitor? if so what's it for?

Awesome, thank you.

Not sure about the foil tape stuff. It was in there when I opened it.

Is it normal for those things to burn out - or did I just luck out with mine?

? He posted because he didnt know the name or how to get it. You'd be surprised at how many people have no clue how to even open the monitor.

Thanks for showing Him though :)

fsp120-4pi03, it is silk screened right on the board

but yeah, I should be less of an ass

the foil tape is ground shielding, looks like they used it for cable management as well

Back