My first mATX build: Silverstone TJ-08E

xJeganx

Limp Gawd
After years of always building monster sized rigs with EATX cases and more HDDs I new what to do with I decided to scale things down a bit. Full specs are in my sig. I am very pleased with the end result. I usually always go with Lian-Li cases but wasn't to thrilled with their m-ATX offerings so decided to try Silverstone. Couldn't have been happier with the TJ-08E. I haven't started overclocking yet as I still need to get everything re-installed how I like it first. I really don't see myself ever going back to a full size build unless graphics cards get ridiculously big.

Sorry for the blurry pictures. It was 3am when I finished and my phone doesn't like low light photos that much.

Last edited:
You linked to the thumbnail versions; take the "th_" out of your links. It looks good though. I'm planning my next build around the same case.

I have been scoring some good deals on parts over the past month or so:
- XFX 6870 for $154.99 AR - Comes with Shogun 2, Dirt 3 and Deus Ex
- 8gb of DDR3-1600 for $19.99 AR
- Corsair A50 for $10.99 AR

I'm debating whether I want to wait for Ivy Bridge or not. Do you know if existing Z68 motherboards will work with the new Ivy Bridge processors?

I use the thumbnails because I'm too lazy to resize the images lol. This way if you want to view it larger just click on the thumbnail.

From what I've heard most Z68 boards will work with Ivy with a BIOS update. At least that's what the mobo companies have been advertising.

Back