My Bedroom HTPC

NickS

[H]ard|Gawd
Just a small little setup for myself. I'm young and live at home, work FT. Me and the gf just watch movies, I game on it occasionally, and use it for listening to music.

br002.jpg

It's a "Gateway-Stein." Basically I took all the good parts out of the Gateway and put in older stuff that I had, and built a rig around the better stuff out of the Gateway. Dual Core Athlon 64 X2 5050e with a 880G Mobo, 4G of DDR2 and a TB of storage and an ASUS BD-ROM drive. Speakers are Polk Monitor 60's with a CS1 Series II Center, Definitive Tech BP-1 Rears and a cheap Onkyo subwoofer. TV is a Bravia KDL-40EX400 with a Denon AVR591 receiver.

br008.jpg

Couch/Bed

br011.jpg

Gaming station.

Theres more not photographed but its just another end table on the left hand side of the couch with my gf's laptop on it, etc. Nothing important. Pretty decent sized room, system sounds great especially after Audyssey calibration.

..and yes the walls have gotten beat up over the years haha. I want to do a different color but I'm not sure what at this point. Thinking slate gray or a taupe ish maybe.

I like the bachelor pad feel you got going on. It was always kinda nice being able to put gaming equipment and what not anywhere I wanted. Now with the wife I have to factor in the WAF and things have become much neater and more organized. Good looking setup you have though. As for the walls, slate would be my choice between the two.

I like the bachelor pad feel you got going on. It was always kinda nice being able to put gaming equipment and what not anywhere I wanted. Now with the wife I have to factor in the WAF and things have become much neater and more organized.

those were the days huh? oddly, my wifes organization fetish usually leads to things being messier. dont ask how that works, its complicated and perplexing. But hey, she cooks and cleans the toilets so its ok.

OP, I like the setups. good stuff.

Hey, I still think my stuff is pretty organized!

My GF doesnt mind at least.

I think your stuff looks pretty neat and organized too. I think the wife has trained me to believe that hidden and out of sight is "neat and organized." I literally have just my harmony remote and some coasters on my coffee table. Before we got married it was keyboard, mouse, tv remote, receiver remote, cable remote, xbox controllers and other random junk. Now all that stuff is tucked away in cabinets.

Back