MX Master Wireless Interference

Epos7

Gawd
I have a computer I built in an NCASE a couple years ago. I have always had issues getting my mouse to work well. There are two options to connect the mouse - bluetooth and the Logitech unified receiver which plugs into a USB port.

My issue with the unified receiver is that it works well until I plug in a USB memory device. The activity on the other USB port seems to create a lot of wireless interference and the mouse simply stops working. I have tried all combinations of USB ports, and the best result I've had is really choppy performance instead of the mouse not working at all.

For the last couple years I have resorted to an external bluetooth antenna taped to the side of my desk about a foot from the mouse. This works fairly well most of the time, but without the antenna within about a foot, performance is bad.

When I first got the mouse I thought it was faulty, so I exchanged it under warranty, but the second device has the same issues. The issues persist in multiple locations, and in different cities. I am moving the computer around more frequently now, so having a bluetooth antenna strapped to the side of my desk is no longer an option.

This white paper details that it is likely interference from USB 3.0 ports:
https://www.intel.com/content/www/u...al-bus/usb3-frequency-interference-paper.html

Curious if anyone else has run into this issue and been able to solve it?

Thanks!

I use a G602, so I obviously can't tell you much on the bluetooth front, but I have had no issues at all with interference, and I use at least 5 of my usb ports simultaneously every day, and I have never had this issue. Have you tried any other wireless mouse with this system besides the first MX master? I can't help but wonder if you got incredibly unlucky, and drew 2 duds! Best of luck otherwise, I hope you can identify the issue.

I use a G602, so I obviously can't tell you much on the bluetooth front, but I have had no issues at all with interference, and I use at least 5 of my usb ports simultaneously every day, and I have never had this issue. Have you tried any other wireless mouse with this system besides the first MX master? I can't help but wonder if you got incredibly unlucky, and drew 2 duds! Best of luck otherwise, I hope you can identify the issue.

I picked up an MX Anywhere 2S recently for use with my laptop. I just tried it with my desktop, and it seems to work perfectly. I think you might be right, maybe I did get two duds! It's well outside of warranty range now I think :(

Suppose it's also possible Logitech fixed the issue with the newer model.

Back