Mx Cherry Blue keyboards

Corporate Thug

Weaksauce
Is it me or are there very few mid range (~$75) very few and far between? I bought a hyperx from ebay and it’s pretty sold but I can’t find many more options. Probably will order a second but wanted to check with the collective knowledge base to see if there are any alternatives I should be looking at

I got a Redragon with Blue switches (not actual Mx Cherries obviously) and it's been really good for the ~$60 I paid. They have a number of variations, might be a brand worth looking into. I had the same struggle with finding a good click-clack Blue board for <$100, Linear / Red switches seem a lot more popular.

Need to second the redragon stuff. I have a k552 red led, and I got an RGB version for my son. Both are clicky tactile switches, I can't complain for the $40 CAD I paid for each. They're definitely an economy product, but a fair step above membrane keyboards in the price range.

You'd probably get more feedback if you were a little more specific, given the enormous variety of keyboard options available.

At the lower end of the price spectrum there's the Keychron C1 Wired Mechanical Keyboard, which starts at $39. Then at $90 there's the Ducky One 2 Phantom Black TKL Double Shot PBT Mechanical Keyboard. The Ducky comes with genuine MX Cherry switches, whereas the Keychron does not. Those are both basic TKL models; extra features such as backlighting will add to the price. Keychron looks interesting from a budget standpoint, but I've never used one and they don't have as much feedback. I'd be interested to hear of anyone's experience with Keychron. Ducky and Leopold both look pretty solid, but may exceed your price target. Many keyboard brands have a staggering number of variants of their popular models, and it can be a chore to sort through all the different colors and so forth.

If you're comparing switches, the side-by-side presentation of the "force curve" graphs here are convenient touch: https://www.daskeyboard.com/switches/#!?switch1=1&switch2=2

Back