Multi monitor setup using 770 and Intel HD 530

trick0502

Supreme [H]ardness
So what I am trying to do is run 3 monitors (2 DVI from the 770, 1 HDMI HD 530).

The motherboard is an Asus z170 Gaming. When I set the primary GPU to PEG in BIOS, it auto changes back to iGPU. When I get in Wondows (10) and launch gpuz it only shows the iGPU. As a side note, the system locks up when running like this. Both the 770 connected monitors turn a solid color and the iGPU monitor stays on the Windows screen.

It tends to be hit or miss honestly. You can try the standard updating bios, drivers, etc, but aside from that you may have pulled the short stick on this one. Someone else may post something that works, but don't discount buying another cheap GPU. For $35 this bad boy can be yours... haha. Amazon Link

If it saves you an hour or two of work, I'd say $35 is worth it.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
What's stopping you from running all three monitors from the GTX 770?

The GTX 770 supports four monitors simultaneously, and can handle HDMI plus DVI plus DVI, because it has more than two DVI clock controllers. This was a NEW FEATURE on Kepler, so I can understand your confusion.

Unless your card was made by aliens, it has two DVI outs, one HDMI out, and one DisplayPort.

Last edited:
What's stopping you from running all three monitors form the GTX 770?

The GTX 770 supports four monitors simultaneously, and can handle HDMI plus DVI plus DVI, because it has more than two DVI clock controllers.

Good call! Geforce Specs

TL;DR "Multi Monitor: 4 displays"

i didnt think you could run 2 dvi and 1 hdmi off the same card? or is that amd?

i didnt think you could run 2 dvi and 1 hdmi off the same card? or is that amd?

That was AMD. Until they ditched DVI entirely. AND that was Nvidia until Kepler.

The confusion is understandable. But next time just ask :D

Back