Multi Display Software Large Room

I'm having trouble finding what it is I'm looking for. The setup is I have one PC with 10 HDMI ports. I've got 9 42" displays connected to this PC. The displays are hung on the walls around the room which is about 45' x 25'. This room is used for emergency operations. THings like VDOT interstate cameras, weather maps, software that shows alerts and etc.
Vision7_Screen_800px_01.png

In my head, this would be the perfect software interface for what I'm looking for. Basically I would like a GUI that shows the displays in a grid. From there I can click on the display and it would switch me to that display so that I could manipulate what is on the particular monitor and then hit a hot key or something that then swithces me back to the primary. Maybe even the abilty to drag and drop say IE or a PPT to a particular monitor. The above screenshot is for a classroom type software. This is perfect GUI but as you can see this isn't for just monitors this is for actual PCs.

I've seen software that will let you bring up IE and then click on a button that is on the top control bar ans send it to say monitor 8. That is well and fine but how do I then get IE back to the primary without having to drag the mouse across all monitors then grab it and drag it back. That just doesn't work.

If any of you have hooked up a bunch of monitors to windows you know what a pain in the ass it is to get windows to keep the displays in the correct order. If you have all the displays connected and then say you switch one dispaly to a different input (cable TV) the whole numbering gets out of whack. Anyway anyone have any advice. Thanks.

Basically I would like a GUI that shows the displays in a grid. From there I can click on the display and it would switch me to that display so that I could manipulate what is on the particular monitor and then hit a hot key or something that then swithces me back to the primary. Maybe even the abilty to drag and drop say IE or a PPT to a particular monitor. The above screenshot is for a classroom type software. This is perfect GUI but as you can see this isn't for just monitors this is for actual PCs.
I'm interested in this as well.

If any of you have hooked up a bunch of monitors to windows you know what a pain in the ass it is to get windows to keep the displays in the correct order. If you have all the displays connected and then say you switch one dispaly to a different input (cable TV) the whole numbering gets out of whack. Anyway anyone have any advice. Thanks.
Aside from the "send window to monitor by index" comment above, much of what you're doing is no different than a stock trader desk with the mounted monitors. They often use the business class cards due to the improved monitor management. Personally, I've not had an issue with using dual Quadro 4-port cards to keep 8 monitors positioned in the desired order.

Back