MSPs lets talk about Zenith Infotech here, and their SSO

f1y

Supreme [H]ardness
We have about 6 of these things, and for the life of I can't get the bastards to work.

Any little that needs done requires a support chat. Mirrorcloud always needs them to remote in to change some setting, and tweak some random thing.

Importing a system created in VBox requires them to remote and edit that config file, or tweak some settings on the box to get the imporst to work.

I have 2 machines that run 10 VMs and they constant randomly shutoff, if they stay on the disk storage gets full and my CMC refuses login request so I have to contact support.

Exporting to FTP offsite is a pain in the ass because it takes forever (not really their fault there)

I have a couple sites, and it just seems like a pain in the ass. None of these sites I'm happy with, if anything they're my most problematic.

The worst is a computer lab that these lab machines are suppose to RDP into these SSO virtual XP machines, but the XP machines on the SSO box keep shutting down. I've never had a lab work like it's suppose to.

We have 2 sites, that just run a DC virtually. This are stable but jesus did it take time to migrate that server over.

I feel like this solution is stupid to just Virtualize 1 system.

Is anyone happily on an SSO environment?

I tested it, it sucked ass, local clients could not stay connected to the system. It uses Virtual box over ubuntu linux, with a flash based GUI.

I was one of the pilot testers on this system and just could not get it running well.

Mirror cloud is a pain also,

Mirror cloud is a pain also,

I've never had a mirror cloud live migration go in anysort of reasonable fasion. Normally 2 days with support.

They just recently changed the way the licensing works too, so you have pay $99 per server license to migrate.

I administer over 100 Zenith ARCAs, don't even get me started. Tried Mirror Cloud and gave up on that too.

Ok, here is a question then.

Is there ANYTHING good about Zenith Infotech's offerings then?

Ok, here is a question then.

Is there ANYTHING good about Zenith Infotech's offerings then?

Well, they just partnered with datto for the continum vault thingie. Datto has been good to us so far (only a few boxes out there, we preferr to role our own still) Just go direct to Datto lol

Zenith had its hayday in MSP, but i feel their era is done with, when they went away from storagecraft and decided to build the MirrorCloud things just went downhill

Back