MSI GTX 780 Ti LIGHTNING [1 of 12] ULTRA RARE!!! HOLY GRAIL! Graphics Video Card

Wow. I didn't know that existed.

(To save a google search - MSI came up with it, Nvidia told them they couldn't sell it due to an unlocked voltage control, so they gave them away to high-end OCers in the market - most AIB 780TIs were rare, as the 9XX was announced right around the same time so the product line was very very short lived).

Reactions: erek
like this
Wow. I didn't know that existed.

(To save a google search - MSI came up with it, Nvidia told them they couldn't sell it due to an unlocked voltage control, so they gave them away to high-end OCers in the market - most AIB 780TIs were rare, as the 9XX was announced right around the same time so the product line was very very short lived).

Because I have to devote my entire attention to someone blathering on. Give me text to read; faster, more efficient, less waste of time and energy. The move to videos for everything is asinine; reading is faster and easier, and better for multitasking since you can stop at a sentence or paragraph break and come back later (which doesn’t work as well with videos, especially if there’s something else going on).

Unless I physically need to see something to understand it, text is a much more compact and efficient medium. Also more data rich, assuming a half decent writer.

edit: took three minutes to google and read about the card, vs waiting for the relevant data in a 9 minute video- plus ads.

What a trash pile of a listing. Clearly not the original receiver of the card: “It looks ok to me. I'm no expert.”

And in his description, "I am told only 12 were ever made and 12 in existence are not accounted for and assumed gone, extinct, recycled." :LOL: So math isn't their best subject, either.

Would be cool to score if it could be verified to be the real deal, but...ergh.

What a trash pile of a listing. Clearly not the original receiver of the card: “It looks ok to me. I'm no expert.”

And in his description, "I am told only 12 were ever made and 12 in existence are not accounted for and assumed gone, extinct, recycled." :LOL: So math isn't their best subject, either.

Would be cool to score if it could be verified to be the real deal, but...ergh.
:(

On Dec-09-20 at 19:03:27 PST, seller added the following information:

Update. Apparently this card is not the TI version. Let it be clear and known. That's all.

Thanks

LOL
sad, that's terrible :(

Also reported...I hate this type of stuff. Dude could have Google'd the SKUs on the back of the card...c'mon. He's happy to Google and "confirm" it's rare but not basic cross-referencing. LOL

I had 2 of these in SLI. loved them.
wait, wtf? how are these rare? i went to microcenter and just bought 2 off the shelf...

edit: ah yes. the gpu is just a 780, not a TI. i had 2 780s. The coolest part of the card was the box it came in, was fking massive.

Last edited:

Not exactly. The ebay card that was supposed to be a 780ti was instead just a regular 780. But the edition was the Lightning, which was MSI's highest tier of cards of each chip vs. the boring EVGA Nvidia reference card. The 780ti Lightning wasn't released to the public which would have made this a fantastic card to grab, working or not, but sadly it's hardly worth more than the cost of shipping.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Not exactly. The ebay card that was supposed to be a 780ti was instead just a regular 780. But the edition was the Lightning, which was MSI's highest tier of cards of each chip vs. the boring EVGA Nvidia reference card. The 780ti Lightning wasn't released to the public which would have made this a fantastic card to grab, working or not, but sadly it's hardly worth more than the cost of shipping.
ahh thanks for the education, been out of the H/W game for a long while, (still running a phenom x6 1100t)....so not up on much and was never a hardcore enthusiast either...but starting to get more interested now.

ahh thanks for the education, been out of the H/W game for a long while, (still running a phenom x6 1100t)....so not up on much and was never a hardcore enthusiast either...but starting to get more interested now.
You're welcome. As you are getting back into the game, you should also be aware that erek's ebay thread posts are generally for older, often rare and well-obsolete tech that may have value as collector's items, or for those building retro systems.

Card is missing screws on back and also the fan header clips are missing. What a hack of a card lol.

You're welcome. As you are getting back into the game, you should also be aware that erek's ebay thread posts are generally for older, often rare and well-obsolete tech that may have value as collector's items, or for those building retro systems.
And weird stuff no one wants too, in between all the rest

Back