MSI Afterburner Update?

Mine has been acting a little weird too. I get prompted that an update is available when I first fire it up but it wont connect to the server or something like that. I dont know what is going on with it.

I would keep monitoring the Guru3d forum, Unwinder is the dude who creates the program. You could most likely put in a post there to ask when or if it will be supported, you should see a fairly rapid response as Unwinder is very active in the Guru3d forums.

Does he even test his own crap anymore? It has gotten worse over the last few months as its not compatible with more and more games.

Does he even test his own crap anymore? It has gotten worse over the last few months as its not compatible with more and more games.

Funny how you are whining about something that is produced for you for free. I bet if everyone donated $5 when they downloaded a copy that he would "test his own crap" a bit more.

Funny how you are whining about something that is produced for you for free. I bet if everyone donated $5 when they downloaded a copy that he would "test his own crap" a bit more.
Yes how dare I say anything since its free. :rolleyes:

What the fuck do you expect? This guy has been doing this for YEARS for free (Im sure he gets something, but nothing like a typical program brings in). Heaven fucking forbid he is late to the party with an update that works.

Go make a program yourself if you are so unhappy with it. Amazing how society believes everything should be handed to them without a cost then feel they have a right to complain when its not right.

Yes how dare I say anything since its free. :rolleyes:

I dunno man, Afterburner (and Riva Tuner before that) are absolutely superb apps and offer a shit ton of features, functionality and performance. Since it and its updates are and always have been free I think a little slack is deserved for the developers.

Pretty sure he gets paid by MSI and Guru3D or one or the other. I'm not too worried about Unwinder. After all - if he really does need $$$ - put a damn donate button on the app. I'll gladly throw in $20.

It's "free" - but very heavily sponsored. So don't worry about him. Just because it's free doesn't mean we can't raise issues and discuss problems.

EDIT: posted on the Guru3D forum - thanks for the suggestion: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=305901&page=82

What the fuck do you expect? This guy has been doing this for YEARS for free (Im sure he gets something, but nothing like a typical program brings in). Heaven fucking forbid he is late to the party with an update that works.

Go make a program yourself if you are so unhappy with it. Amazing how society believes everything should be handed to them without a cost then feel they have a right to complain when its not right.
Oh good grief with your nut job ranting. I am simply pointing out that its having more and more issues over the last few months so it appears he is not even concerned about it.

Couldn't you just use Precision X if you were unhappy with afterburner? From what I've used of both, it seems they are pretty much the same

Couldn't you just use Precision X if you were unhappy with afterburner? From what I've used of both, it seems they are pretty much the same

I personally prefer Afterburner greatly to Precision X. I'll do it if I get a whack response RE: the status of an update...but I'd like to avoid it. I have to imagine there is an update coming soon because in the TITAN X reviews people were using custom beta copies that worked fully with the TITAN X (voltage).

EDIT: 4.1.1 shown here: http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/nvidia_geforce_gtx_titan_x_review,32.html

Received a reply from Unwinder - his response:

4.1.1 is in development, no ETA yet. You can add unofficial support for TITAN X to 4.1.0 via editing hardware profile (profiles .\VEN_10DE&DEV_....cfg) and adding the following lines to it:

[Settings]
VDDC_Generic_Detection = 1

Can anyone smarter than me figure out where to do this? I looked in the Device Manager and also briefly ventured into the Registry...

Link to his comment.

EDIT: looks like it is in the Afterburner directory itself. Duh!
EDIT2: full details on how to make this change: http://www.overclock.net/t/1546747/official-nvidia-geforce-gtx-titan-x-owners-club/3240#post_23733753

Last edited:
Some nice info in here. I am getting annoyed by all the cannot connect to update server, and I'm contemplating doing this little workaround to satisfy my ocd.

Back