MSI 5600 XT repair : unknown IC need help!

Bora

n00b
Hello guyz,

I need your help to identify the chip on the bottom of this picture.

I bought a MSI 5600 XT with water damage and the 2 chips on the back of the card are dead (this is not my card you can't read anything on it the chips are burned). I checked the card, all the voltages are present on the card except the one on this choke and there is no shorts, so I think is worth a repair.

I found the K4 mosfet but the other one "7260 ONV0" is impossible to find on the Web.. Looks like a controller to me.. Is anyone aware of the reference for this chip or a replacement one please?

Here you can found the image of the back pcb on techpowerup :

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/powercolor-radeon-rx-5600-xt-red-dragon/images/back_full.jpg

Thanks in advance :)

image-23-03-2021_22-40-56-21.jpg

Reading electronics is difficult... There is a difference between 7620 ONV0 and 7620 ONVO and more... I read 7260 0NVO, I finally got somewhere with 72600 NVO and imho 72600 is more "the way" they do it. Google might not be the best on topics way off mainstream. Your other picture of card Has ONVL, that tells me 72600 NV* could probably pay off ... or maybe even 72600 (witch gives some related stuff in Finland, and that should be a good lead, send an email to an engineer there...)

Last edited:
For what it is worth I tried looking for about an hour and I couldn't find any references to that chip package.

Reactions: Troxx
like this
Back