MrBeast Ranks as Highest-Paid YouTube Star Ever, Earning an Estimated $54 Million in 2021

polonyc2

Fully [H]
MrBeast, aka Jimmy Donaldson, had a very, very good 2021- the YouTube maestro pulled down $54 million in gross revenue last year, more than any YouTube creator in history, according to new estimates by Forbes magazine...the top 10 highest-paid YouTube stars of 2021, according to Forbes:

1. MrBeast – $54 million
2. Jake Paul – $45 million
3. Markiplier – $38 million
4. Rhett & Link – $30 million
5. Unspeakable – $28.5 million
6. Like Nastya – $28 million
7. Ryan Kaji (Ryan’s World) – $27 million
8. Dude Perfect – $20 million
9. Logan Paul – $18 million
10. Preston – $16 million

https://variety.com/2022/digital/news/mrbeast-highest-earning-youtube-star-54-million-1235154580/

He and the Paul brothers are really the only ones I'm familiar with. But shouldn't pewdiepie be on the list also?

He and the Paul brothers are really the only ones I'm familiar with. But shouldn't pewdiepie be on the list also?
Good point - I don't know how many sponsors he gets. He probably lost a lot of money when he started making anti-semetic jokes a few years ago.

Good for him, but I am tired of seeing his gaping mouth in all the Youtube thumbnails.
All videos are like that now. Most videos are just clickbait headlines with no information contained within. Sometimes I catch myself watching a video twice because I think I missed the information in the title. Sneaky sneaks.

Good for them! I don't know any of the names either but props for taking a thing and a talent and making money from it. I wish I had an entertaining personality and liked to be on camera. How do i make money hiding inside with no social skills on youtube? lol

Good for them! I don't know any of the names either but props for taking a thing and a talent and making money from it. I wish I had an entertaining personality and liked to be on camera. How do i make money hiding inside with no social skills on youtube? lol
Plenty of people doing tutorial videos on youtube without ever showing their faces.

Do you have hairy arms?

If someone doesn't manage to knock out Jake Paul soon.. his net worth will prob be climbing unfortunately. Will someone please do it already. heh
Isn't he supposed to fight Tyson?

I bet he'll tell Tyson to take it easy on him, Tyson is still one scary fighter.

Could you imagine getting hit by one of those Kidney shots? ☠️

Good, I don't know any of them. I'd hate to learn that I'm mainstream.

Edit: Sorry, I lied, I have seen a few videos on dudeperfect 10+ years ago. I'm surprised those guys didn't already cancel themselves. I mean that channel used to be the height of "toxic masculinity"

Man, I couldn't imagine taking a shot from Tyson, even though he's mellowed out some, he's still got that killer instinct. No way in hell I would get in the ring with him.
The sound his punches made when they hit mid body used to give me chills.

The sound his punches made when they hit mid body used to give me chills.
Yeah, its enough to rupture internal organs, I remember when he boxed Spinks, those body shots were absolutely brutal. He seems to be a lot more mobile now, with a lot more hip movement :eek:

I've only heard of 3 of those people and I've never watched any of their videos.

I'm in the wrong business. I only know of Markpilier because my nephew is a big fan of his. I just don't know why or what this guy really is about.

Children. YouTube feeds them this stuff, children are watching on devices that can't block YouTube ads (iPads, TVs, mobile devices, etc.), and the kids might not even be watching the content, they'll just pick a video, watch some of it, wander off to do other things while the video plays, and YouTube will automatically keep playing videos if that function isn't manually disabled. *BAM* ADVERTISER MONEY

The kids have long since left their viewing device somewhere and are in another room while those videos are just churning through ads.

The real crime is that the Paul brothers are making so much money, they're total trash human beings.

I feel like in general that can be said for most people who have huge financial success.

It is a rare exception to come across anyone who has seen great financial success or fame, and who is still a decent human being.

Not impossible, but rare.

Don't sub or watch any of them, nor do I know just about any.
I really need to start watch YouTube with my PC again so I can use adblocks, tired of seeing the poop guy ads, or the countless scam products.

I feel like in general that can be said for most people who have huge financial success.

It is a rare exception to come across anyone who has seen great financial success or fame, and who is still a decent human being.

Not impossible, but rare.
I'm not sure that's true. We're more likely to hear about the dickbags than the decent ones.

Reactions: T4rd
like this
I'm not sure that's true. We're more likely to hear about the dickbags than the decent ones.

That's a fair comment, but there is also some psychology to back this up.

It has to do with how our monkey brains rationalize things. The more success you see, the more likely you are to justify that success by how great you are (even in cases where that success is based on random chance) and to then use that as a justification for mistreating those who haven't had success.

Sadly, it's built in to our brains, and it takes takes conscious countering of the phenomenon to avoid it.

This TED Talk about how researchers used an intentionally rigged game of monopoly to test their theories pretty informative.

Then there is the fact that drivers of expensive cars are less likely to yield to pedestrians.

There are plenty of studies that show similar things. The wealthier you are, the more likely you are to break rules and cheat (taxes, traffic laws, extramarital affairs, you name it). There are even studies that show that poor people are more generous in their charitable giving than the wealthy, as a percentage of income.

Some have started calling this "The Asshole Effect". (Don't google this at work, as it results in some choice image previews :LOL: )

Last edited:
I'm in the wrong business. I only know of Markpilier because my nephew is a big fan of his. I just don't know why or what this guy really is about.
As far as I know he made his career off of ripping off other people's schticks. He's a trend follower, not a trend setter. When he joined Youtube in 2012 he was making those cringey comedy sketches that were already falling out of fashion on the platform by that time. After that he started doing "Let's Play" videos in 2014'ish when that trend had already started in around 2011. Same pattern of trend following has continued throughout his career. I'd ask how he can live with himself, but the 10s of millions of dollars he makes every year I'm sure make quite the comfortable bed to sleep in.

The funny part was, the only two Youtuber/Streamer celebs I could think of before clicking on this list were PewDiePie and Ninja, and neither of them are on the list.

I mean, I watch some smaller, non celeb Youtube channels on occasion, like The History Guy and Drachinifel's Naval channel, but I don't consider them Youtube Celebs.

That and I've never watched a game stream. With my limited time I prefer to play games myself. I don't think I've ever had enough time on my hands to be bored enough to look up a video of a complete stranger playing a video game.

I don't watch any of these mega popular channels...I like BigDawsTV, ThatWasEpic, Hardware Unboxed, Digital Foundry etc

The funny part was, the only two Youtuber/Streamer celebs I could think of before clicking on this list were PewDiePie and Ninja, and neither of them are on the list.

I mean, I watch some smaller, non celeb Youtube channels on occasion, like The History Guy and Drachinifel's Naval channel, but I don't consider them Youtube Celebs.

That and I've never watched a game stream. With my limited time I prefer to play games myself. I don't think I've ever had enough time on my hands to be bored enough to look up a video of a complete stranger playing a video game.
PewDiePie fell out of favor with Youtube and their advertisers when he became red pilled and started appealing to an older demographic.

Reactions: zehoo
like this
Back