Mowing over high PPD folders from yesteryear

I'll have 2060 Super, 2060, 1660 Super fulltime and my 3060 when not in other use. My Server is still down but my old P8Z77 mobo has an extra PCIE slot. It's only PCIE 2.0 x8 but I might be able to cram a surplus GTX1060 into it. Not sure if it'll be bottlenecked tho and probably have to take off the side panel on the case to give both GPU's room to breathe. This one's set up in my bedroom so I'll probably also have to wear earplugs to sleep :| No CPU's this year for electricity concerns.

It's only PCIE 2.0 x8 but I might be able to cram a surplus GTX1060 into it. Not sure if it'll be bottlenecked tho and probably have to take off the side panel on the case to give both GPU's room to breathe.
It won't be bottlenecked by much if at all.
I have a RTX 3070 on a PCIe 2.0 4x slot on an AMD Jaguar thin client and it gets around 5 million PPD, give or take.

I'll have 2060 Super, 2060, 1660 Super fulltime and my 3060 when not in other use. My Server is still down but my old P8Z77 mobo has an extra PCIE slot. It's only PCIE 2.0 x8 but I might be able to cram a surplus GTX1060 into it. Not sure if it'll be bottlenecked tho and probably have to take off the side panel on the case to give both GPU's room to breathe. This one's set up in my bedroom so I'll probably also have to wear earplugs to sleep :| No CPU's this year for electricity concerns.
It won’t be bottlenecked, I was folding on X1 boards I was using for ETH mining, those actually handicapped my output!

Hoping to take a couple this week.

1706224613619.png

Can't compete with that PPD, but I made it into the [H] top 10. On track for 1B point month with the extra push from the challenge.

1706408239635.png

Maybe we will move this summer and I'll install 20kw of solar. :D

What all you running?
Mostly 3070ti's and a mish mash of other odds and ends. A couple 3060s, couple of 2060's and a couple old Titans. Most running around 75%ish on the power slider in MSI AB. Enough to keep most of them in the bonus point territory. Too lazy to tweak them all individually.

Put the 4090 on it for a while yesterday to push over 100ppd. Just for the day.

Well, I think my classic Athlon PC finally kicked the bucket. Might be appearing on the "died in the line of duty" thread in the future. But I have a 1650 Super to add to my PPD. Don't mind the current PPD, usually better when CPU is not folding, CPU running drags GPU PPD down. PC's have been down a good bit of the day while I was troubleshooting and trying to figure out how to incorporate the new GPU into current computer. It is on a mining PCI-E x1 card, but it's PPD isn't so high that it should be limited by it.

1707691388914.png

Last edited:
Well, turns out the dinosaur lives, but running Win 10 on 4GB of RAM as I think one of my sticks of RAM went bad. Haven't checked the second pair yet (4x2GB set).

Edit: All RAM sticks are good, RAM slot #3 doesn't work. So down to 6GB of RAM. 4GB was not working so well for Win 10 to F@H on!

Last edited:
Back