Motherboard won't post after bios update

WarriorX

2[H]4U
My gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming G1 won't post after bios update. Gives a series of beeps a 4f post code and reboots(nothing in manual about the code). Tried clearing cmos, different ram slots. System was working before bios. Bios update said it was successful. Also tried single and dual bios mode as it should have a way to recover but didn't help. Any other way to recover?

My gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming G1 won't post after bios update. Gives a series of beeps a 4f post code and reboots(nothing in manual about the code). Tried clearing cmos, different ram slots. System was working before bios. Bios update said it was successful. Also tried single and dual bios mode as it should have a way to recover but didn't help. Any other way to recover?
I did a bit of sleuthing and it seems some managed to get around it by booting with a single stick of memory. Others with a CMOS clear. Others never revived it. What a strange issue!

Get one of these from amazon for 14 bucks and reflash that bios chip with a laptop and a functional bios rom.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back