Most reliable low profile USB Stick ?

ng4ever

2[H]4U
If they had a low profile one that was a ssd I would get it but it does not seem like they do. :(

I owned a couple of the SanDisk low profile 64GB and 128GB ones and they were trash, they all got so hot when moving files over they would shut down and not work for hours after that...not sure how much has changed since then (3-4 years ago)

I owned a couple of the SanDisk low profile 64GB and 128GB ones and they were trash, they all got so hot when moving files over they would shut down and not work for hours after that...not sure how much has changed since then (3-4 years ago)
i saw that in the amazon reviews from '19, not sure if theyve changed anything to address that, so i didnt post them. i know my full size extreme pro gets toasty.

If you have an NVME drive lying around they make some low profile, rugged, enclosures for them now.

try one of these, they make the top of "mini usb drive" lists
https://www.amazon.com/PNY-Elite-X-Flash-Drive-P-FDI64GELXFIT-GE/dp/B01LFV52Y6

I've not tried the PNY ones. Samsung seems to make the best usb flash drives these days but I'm not sure about long term drive use with their small "fit" models. The SanDisk 3.0 drives were horrible as they were too hot. I have a 16 one that was hot to the touch after 5-10 minutes of transferring a few GB of data. For long term usage like for an operating system or music player, I went with san disk 2.0 fit drives a few years ago.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I recommend the Samsung ones. I have an older version of the “fit” that I’ve been using for years and they’re very fast.

I've not tried the PNY ones. Samsung seems to make the best usb flash drives these days but I'm not sure about long term drive use with their small "fit" models. The SanDisk 3.0 drives were horrible as they were too hot. I have a 16 one that was hot to the touch after 5-10 minutes of transferring a few GB of data. For long term usage like for an operating system or music player, I went with san disk 2.0 fit drives a few years ago.
i saw the melted pics in the reviews...
yeah the samsung fit drives seem good too.

Back