More Xbox 360s Dec. 22nd

Well since my a-whole neighbor decided to wake me up nice and early this morning I guess I will head into town shortly to check it out. Will post back with the story around 9-10am.

I'm going to head out in about an hour here to he local BB in Pgh to see what's up. I'll report back by about 9:30am.

I work nights for UPS <yes it was a nightmare tonight> I just got home and saw this. My wife got her bonus check and was asking me what I wanted. I couldnt think of anything. Now I'm debating wether to have another beer or head to best buy with her cash.

Since School is over and I am getting my Permit today (Should of had my Liscense a while back but was lazy) I will send my bro to the BB to check it out. Thank god since one of my mothers amazingly rich friends just bought us a LCD HDTV that hits 1080i amd its 37 inches! Our old HD was 720p only which was good but I want full gaming goodness.
Steve Thanks for the info I hope today is the day.

Ummm if anything 720p will generally deliver a better game play image as its a progressive image versus interlaced. Progressive generally provides smoother movements onscreen than interlaced. But congrats on the LCD none the less.

I am already back from BB as there was noone waiting at the store and when one of the BB guys was being admitted to the store I asked the manager about if he was going to be handing out tickets for the 360 and he said he had none in stock right now and to check back later. I will check back by on my way to my first service call this morning.

Two reasons I'm not that worried about not having a 360 yet:

1) Lack of really good launch games.
2) No Burnout backwards compatibility?!

I just borrowed Burnout 3 from a friend the other night (he gave it to me, actually), and it's probably the best game I've played in a loooong time. God of War, Shadow of the Colossus and Resident Evil 4 are the last three great games I've played, but NONE of them had the quick fix of fun that Burnout provides. I'm amazed that MS screwed that one up since it was such a highly rated game.

But I digress, if I were to somehow get one for Xmas, I wouldn't complain. I want to play Condemned, Oblivion, Gears of War, Crackdown and such like nobodies business. But I don't have money to buy one so I'm not gonna worry.

Buying engagement rings will do this to a person ;)

This was true! I just walked out of BestBuy in Worcester, MA (showed up around 7:45 AM) and was ticket #20 out of what looked like about 35-40. They're gone now -- but kudos to the [H] and the mystery source for the heads up.

The BB here in Bel Air had 8 in stock, all premium systems, and i was 2nd in line. Now i'm at work and it's sitting on my desk just begging to be played. There's a room across the hall with a projector in the ceiling, so some of us are gonna hook it up and try it out during lunch. :D

Heading out now. Gonna get there 30 minutes before they open. Hopefully I'll be back with a 360 :D.

Man, Had my brother swing by the BB in Rochester, MN right at 8 but they said they didn't have any. There was no extra staff and no MOD at the front door. Bummer

NetherChris said:
This was true! I just walked out of BestBuy in Worcester, MA (showed up around 7:45 AM) and was ticket #20 out of what looked like about 35-40. They're gone now -- but kudos to the [H] and the mystery source for the heads up.

beanman101283 said:
The BB here in Bel Air had 8 in stock, all premium systems, and i was 2nd in line. Now i'm at work and it's sitting on my desk just begging to be played. There's a room across the hall with a projector in the ceiling, so some of us are gonna hook it up and try it out during lunch. :D

SWEET!

Everyone else, post em' if you get em!

Our local BB had no one lined up either. Looks like Best Buy learned from the last time and decided to keep this one uber-low key. The good news is, I didn't see this info posted anywhere else so it will most likely give you guys a better whack at getting one!

*fingers crossed* for you guys!

BB Plano got 30 units.
I got there at 7:15 and there was about 5 people. When they opened the doors there was about 15-20. I was number 9, they handed out tickets.

Good luck, they may only have a handful.

After visiting Walmart here in upstate New York (Plattsburgh) with no luck, I checked out the neighboring Sam's club as per forum suggestions. Got the second to last bundle for 450 bucks. It's the one with the remote, headset, extra controller wireless controller etc. The transaction occured at 8:30 am. I got lucky. But I was late for work and my boss now says he can make my tardiness "dissappear" if an xbox bundle happens to appear under his desk. So it goes......

Got one!

I live in Memphis and we have 2 BestBuys here. I arrived at the one near me at about 7:42am and there were 15 people standing in line outside the door. When they opened the door there was a guy handing out tickets. I was number 16 and got a Premium system. :D

The guy probably had like 10 tickets beyond me, and only a couple of people behind me were in line for one. They then led us all to the games section of the store and another employee asked us if we would like to purchase any games or accessories along with our systems. A few people picked up games, the rest of us headed back to the front for our 360's. So, yay!

Also, on a down note, i had family waiting in line at the other BB in town. They were number 2 and 3 in line, but when the manager opened the store he told them that they sold their shipment of 360's last night. He even admitted that they weren't supposed to, and said someone else dropped the ball. Everyone standing outside that BB was pissed. Man, i am glad i live near the other one.

holy hell this is great, I am glad you guys scored a 360....just remember, make sure you add me to your friends list when you get on Xbox Live!

HConsole and Hypothermia are the gamertags. :D

Bah humbug! Well atleast some people got thiers congrats to those that did and thanks Steve for the info.

Got one in Colorado Springs, CO and another member of the fam got one in Boulder, CO

I got there 45 mins before it opened, the truck pulled up at 7:15 with them in it. I have buddies in the store, and none of them even knew they were coming.

Whoever got this info is my god.

THANKS FOR THE INFO [H]!

I got there 30 minutes before BB opened and was number 6 in line. My store (Chandler, AZ) had 28 premiums and 1 core.

sweeeeeet, i'm glad you guys all got one! throw me on your freinds list : xtabx . There is a good group of us that play PD0. Except for steve because he never accepts game invites :p

well, i called BB last nite and the automated number said their store hours were 10-10. Unfortunately, that was incorrect and the holiday hours are 8-11. Went to BB at 930am and they were sold out...guy said they had 30 in stock at 8am. Didnt bother me too much as this was going to be a gift for my brother....I already got mine ;)

Congrats guys!! I am psyched you guys got some units for Christmas!!!

Keep those stories coming, it makes my morning. ;)

Saw the article, went and hopped in line at 7:50 this A.M. Scored premium # 21 out of 26 :D

Can't wait to get home from work!

Thanks guys!

I went to my BB here in Weatherford, TX at 7:20 AM. 3 people were waiting outside. I hung around until they opened. They had 16 untis! I went ahead and got 1. There was only 6 of us waiting.

-CRASHFIRE

Xav said:
Saw the article, went and hopped in line at 7:50 this A.M. Scored premium # 21 out of 26 :D

Can't wait to get home from work!

Thanks guys!

I know the feeling. Mine is sitting under my desk right now. Just waiting for the end of the day and then a 5 day holiday. :D

Mr Deep Throat (BB insider),

Thank you for information. My brothter has had a pretty hard year and Our family wanted to get him an Xbox 360. I gave this information to my family. My moher waited in line 20 minutes and got #10 of I believe 26. Now my brother at age 24 is a little old to be a kid happy to get the newest toy, but to me getting this (and not being taken advantage of while doing so) for him could literally make or break his Christmas.

Thanks for the information,
Topweasel

Dosomo said:
I know the feeling. Mine is sitting under my desk right now. Just waiting for the end of the day and then a 5 day holiday. :D

I'm right there with you, mine is under my desk needing some attention. The guys want me to open it up to check it out. We might take a long lunch at my house. I've got MCE 2005 running, can't wait to see how well the extender works. Thanks again [H]ers, if I hadn't seen the thread, I would have never known. The GF is unfortunatly bummed out, it was 450 bucks not spent on her.

Wow. I got there around 8:10am PST, it was already open. and easily got a ticket for xbox360 premium. and there were like 10+ left behind the counter too with no lines. sweet! this is the chico, CA best buy.

Chico State Alumni here! :D

All I can say is [H] FTW!

Walked in and got one at 8:10 no line. My mom in SoCal walked in and got one at 8:15, so my brother and I are having a videogame Xmas; old-school style.

OOooOo all of a sudden i want a xbox 360. I'll check my local best buy during lunch. :D

thanx for the heads up ;)

i got to mine at like 9 and they said they didnt have any, oh well ive spent waaaaaay too much money on xmas anyway :)

Got one here too, WHOOT WHOOT! I am now having an extremely hard time opening the VGA cable box, and im too lazy to go upstairs and get scissors.

Edit: Oh wow, microsoft went the extra mile and included the RCA to headphone adaptor and a VGA gender changer.

Got one from Moreno Valley BestBuy, I was #15 out of 22. I showed up about 45 mins before the store opened.

I went to the Riverside BB right after (approx 845am) and they were sold out

Back