More Xbox 360s Dec. 22nd

HardOCP News

[H] News
From the front page...

Apparently our inside info was right, there will be another round of Xbox 360s in stores tomorrow.

Any plans to go camping people?

Our favorite local BB of the three in the general area said they had about 40 people in line when they got there to open last time. They had 35 systems.

We have plans to do the SUV loaded with an Xbox 360, LCD HDTV so people in line can play and hand out hot drinks if there is a line again at our local BB.

I'll get pictures this time...if there is no armed robbery happening like last time.

Oh great, if there wasn't another reason getting in and out of Best Buy will be hell! LoL, I won't be bothering. Don't have the money anyway.

Steve said:
We have plans to do the SUV loaded with an Xbox 360, LCD HDTV so people in line can play and hand out hot drinks if there is a line again at our local BB.

Where were you guys when I was waiting in line in the freezing cold of Wisconsin on launch day? :p

That would have made the time go by so much faster...

Good luck to everyone still trying to get their hands on one before Christmas. ;)

On a side note, where the hell is DOA4?!?

it says not until the 28th. but i was at a toys r us buying a toy airplane and they had them on the shelf? i was pretty confused about that one

xTABx7 said:
it says not until the 28th. but i was at a toys r us buying a toy airplane and they had them on the shelf? i was pretty confused about that one

really? hmm. (you sure it was DOA4?) It's probably released then I'll have to check the local store here.

Rich Tate said:
Any plans to go camping people?

Our favorite local BB of the three in the general area said they had about 40 people in line when they got there to open last time. They had 35 systems.

It's much too cold to camp! I really must be getting old cause even if they were giving 360's away for free I still wouldn't camp out for one :p

yeah lol i'm sure. But it did say bring this case up to the counter to get the game, so maybe they were just full of it and you had to bring it up there for them to try and pre-order you. Boston has has been getting raped as far as 360 availability. My freind works at BB and just because of that he cant get a 360 on the 22 18th or 22nd

Do you think that there will be a spike in Ebay 360's prices for overnight delivery just in time for christmas tomorrow.

Techx said:
It's much too cold to camp! I really must be getting old cause even if they were giving 360's away for free I still wouldn't camp out for one :p

I would agree, unless you have Mr. Lynch showing up at your BB. ;)

Thats why we all love Steve, he just freakin owns, period. ;)

Good luck to anyone camping, give us your stories tomorrow!

xTABx7 said:
yeah lol i'm sure. But it did say bring this case up to the counter to get the game, so maybe they were just full of it and you had to bring it up there for them to try and pre-order you. Boston has has been getting raped as far as 360 availability. My freind works at BB and just because of that he cant get a 360 on the 22 18th or 22nd

yeah, thanks I guess you never know...

BTW I just saw we have almost the same pc lol (and I agree with that sig) :D

Dang. I have work tomorrow. Why couldn't they wait until the 23rd? I have a paid day off on Friday and Monday.

At this rate the supply is going to catch up to the demand very quickly, and all this camping out craziness and paying premiums will seem so foolish for having it 2 weeks earlier than someone else.

Granted for parents trying to buy their spoiled kids presents that 2 weeks means the difference between Santa giving them what they asked for, and saying Santa couldn't get an Xbox yet, but he said he'd get it to you by Jan __.

IF I had kids, I'd just tell them "tough titty, you'll just have to play games on your old Xbox until Dad doesn't have to wait 3 hours in line or pay an extra $200+ to get one". (an extra few weeks or month, whatever)

chrisf6969 said:
At this rate the supply is going to catch up to the demand very quickly, and all this camping out craziness and paying premiums will seem so foolish for having it 2 weeks earlier than someone else.

Granted for parents trying to buy their spoiled kids presents that 2 weeks means the difference between Santa giving them what they asked for, and saying Santa couldn't get an Xbox yet, but he said he'd get it to you by Jan __.

IF I had kids, I'd just tell them "tough titty, you'll just have to play games on your old Xbox until Dad doesn't have to wait 3 hours in line or pay an extra $200+ to get one". (an extra few weeks or month, whatever)
if dad had a samsclub card he coulda stood outside of sams 1hour before it opened on launch and got one......

Ballz2TheWallz said:
if dad had a samsclub card he coulda stood outside of sams 1hour before it opened on launch and got one......

I think 1 hour might be bean overstatement there. ;)

Rich Tate said:
I think 1 hour might be bean overstatement there. ;)
considering i stood there for 9hours and when i walked out with my system i talked to the guy who arrived at 6am(opened at 7am mind you for all custmores and employees to buy) he was number 16 in line for 20 premium systems.....im no overstateing ANYHING, if anything im understateing cause it was more like 6:30

ps. the population is fairly dense around here

Ballz2TheWallz said:
considering i stood there for 9hours and when i walked out with my system i talked to the guy who arrived at 6am(opened at 7am mind you for all custmores and employees to buy) he was number 16 in line for 20 premium systems.....im no overstateing ANYHING, if anything im understateing cause it was more like 6:30

I'd be willing to bet I could hit a SAMS in my area by just getting there at opening and walk right out with one. Simply because no one has thought of that around here, I keep asking when I'm there and they usually have units for about a day. At least that is the one that I goto regularly.

Rich Tate said:
I'd be willing to bet I could hit a SAMS in my area by just getting there at opening and walk right out with one. Simply because no one has thought of that around here, I keep asking when I'm there and they usually have units for about a day. At least that is the one that I goto regularly.
oh wait i thought your were accusing me of exagerating how easy it was to get one, not that its easyier then i claimed doh........well yes probably but i live in a town of 700,000 people and this is an extremly popular sams outside the city border(slightly...)

Ballz2TheWallz said:
oh wait i thought your were accusing me of exagerating how easy it was to get one, not that its easyier then i claimed doh........well yes probably but i live in a town of 700,000 people and this is an extremly popular sams outside the city border(slightly...)

Yes I believed we were arguing the same point. ;)

The last time the popular SAMS got them the guy told me had stock for about 6 hours. Simply because no one really thought of going to SAMS.

However that was a couple of shipments ago, so I'm probably totally wrong now. It surely has caught on.

Rich Tate said:
Yes I believed we were arguing the same point. ;)

The last time the popular SAMS got them the guy told me had stock for about 6 hours. Simply because no one really thought of going to SAMS.

However that was a couple of shipments ago, so I'm probably totally wrong now. It surely has caught on.
lol.......i smell ebay when ps3 comes out on this end

Ballz2TheWallz said:
lol.......i smell ebay when ps3 comes out on this end

Steve has basically been able to walk into his local stores and buy them with no issue. I think he did go once and just missed getting more. But it can be done with a little timing. ;)

Ballz2TheWallz said:

I showed up 1 hour before my local Costco opened for business members and was informed that some bonehead decided to hand out "tickets" sometime in the early hours since people were in line. I doubt they were even asked if they had a business account. Sams club must be different.

flapbreaker said:
I showed up 1 hour before my local Costco opened for business members and was informed that some bonehead decided to hand out "tickets" sometime in the early hours since people were in line. I doubt they were even asked if they had a business account. Sams club must be different.
they let 1 person/group of people who were buying one console in at a time at sams, handed out tickets to each one that sad 360 $449 blah blah, you pay at the register take your receipt to the exit where there was 2 employees and a beautiful stack of bundles and walked out with your(really heavy, alot more then i expected) console :p , walmart literally right next to sams had lines all night and they had handed tickets out like 11:30pm, i know cause i was in there playing the kiosk with a bunch of people with the tickets....they let to accumalated people camp overnight to 9am to....i felt bad but i wasnt going to be the one to tell them

my kid and i got 2 at holmdel, nj bb on the 18th after waiting about 15 hours. my kid's friend got a voucher for a premium system, swapped it for $100 and a core ticket, then sold the core ticket to some lady for $300.this was all done on the line outside the store in about 3 minutes. so he showed up with no money and walked away with $400. my kid says he's(his friend) going to do it again tonight, but he wont have a nice warm van to crap out in, or a nice guy to buy him burger king and lend him a hat, gloves and a sleeping bag either. but the above poster is right. it weighs a ton.
we havent openned them yet. there is a sticker on the outside of the box that says "bonus free media remote included" the pic they show it looks a little smaller and fewer buttons than the one i saw for sale in bb (aftermarket?) did this come with the premium system at the nov 22 launch?

Has anyone tried to confirm this with their local BB? I just stopped by on the way home and they hadn't heard about this. Gonna stop by tomorrow when they open.

We are heading out here in a bit to see if anyone os lined up for Xbox 360s.

I hope the PS3 launches in the summer so we can do this when it is warm out too! It is damn cold out and my luck, Sony will launch this time next year too! :eek:

Vanilla, the media remote is smaller than the one sold retail and comes in pretty damn handy.

Here's the latest from my area.

My Father-In-Law is up in the Denver, CO area. He stopped by BB on his way home from work and the manager said," I cannot confirm or deny that we have any XBOX 360's, but if we did, we would sell them first thing in the morning." (This sounded like a yes to me)

I called the media department of my local BB, they had no goddamn clue what I was talking about.

There's nobody waiting at the Denver BB, and nobody where I am. So I'll go by an hour before opening...and see if there's any schmucks waiting.

Steve linked an employee flyer with information confirming this window. I would say you can hold this as the truth, as our source was the same flyer for the first release.

We knew about it here last time before BB even circulated any ads.

Flyer says sometime this week so maybe mine hasn't gotten their shipment yet. Or the manager could have lied to me to make a fair playing field. Who knows. No more work so I'll be there bright and early tomorrow.

http://www.hardocp.com/image.html?image=MTEzNTE3Nzg2OEtsbk5KYkFRdGlfMV8xX2wuanBn

If you read the flyer, it makes me feel like they want this to be low key.

Also the part about "If it arrives on Wed, sell it on Thurs." It could also be that delivery won't be all at the same time. However, I would think they'd want this thing rolling ASAP as we are so close to Christmas.

Once again gang, good luck to you. Please give me some good stories to read about your BB experience. :)

I don't know what to think. I would imagine that the second it came into the store, everybody would know about it. (Even on an air force base rumors travel like wildfire)

I think its a hypothetical in the linked page......

It's worth a trip tomorrow morning, but not worth camping. (for me)

I'm heading there in the morning to get my sister a gift card for Christmas, so maybe I'll get lucky! I'll definitely get there right around the opening.

There was noone in line at 8:30 here in Weatherford, TX either.

I will drive by on my way to work tomorrow.

-CRASHFIRE

I just drove by my BestBuy in Worcester MA (around 1:40AM) and the only people there were the mall rent-a-cops following me around the parking lot. Not sure if that means anything....

Back