More free PS4 Games coming!

I read some of the pages but have some questions. Are these permanently in your account to download in the future after claiming? Can I do it without updating my firmware to the latest?

I read some of the pages but have some questions. Are these permanently in your account to download in the future after claiming? Can I do it without updating my firmware to the latest?
Yes, my understanding is that the games are yours forever once claimed. Not sure about the firmware part. Rachet and Clank and Horizon both got excellent reviews by the way, people should definitely claim those. Some of the independent titles are iffy. For example, I played Abzu, it was free on the Epic gamestore. Not a great game, average I suppose. But free is free and your opinion may differ.

That's a great deal and I think things are going to heat up even more to compete with the Xbox/Bethesda aquisition and what that's going to be doing with the gamepass. I hope we keep seeing this trend with freebies getting shelled out more and more to consoles to make them a more attractive prospect (especially with GPU prices right now sheeesh).

Yes, my understanding is that the games are yours forever once claimed. Not sure about the firmware part. Rachet and Clank and Horizon both got excellent reviews by the way, people should definitely claim those. Some of the independent titles are iffy. For example, I played Abzu, it was free on the Epic gamestore. Not a great game, average I suppose. But free is free and your opinion may differ.

I jailbreak/mod consoles for fun and I just bought a PS4 Pro on 8.00 firmware and don't plan to ever update it just in case. To answer the question, I think 8.0 is the min. firmware needed to take advantage of this for now, until 8.50 is out of beta. Was going to keep this thing in cold storage but free games are too tempting.

You don't even need a console, you can create a PSN account and add the games through the website. Ratchet and Clank expires today.
Excellent point. So if you might buy a PS4 or PS5 in the future, use a PC to login to your Playstation network account to claim the game. That way you will be able to download it in the future if desired.

Excellent point. So if you might buy a PS4 or PS5 in the future, use a PC to login to your Playstation network account to claim the game. That way you will be able to download it in the future if desired.

Yes. And for those that want Ratchet and Clank before it expires tonight, you have to explicitly search the store for that particular game. It didn't come up in the list of free games for me.

Back