Monitor flickers from bass

Budzman

[H]ard|Gawd
Is it possible I have a bad monitor that it makes it flicker from heavy bass? Its a Sony G520p, only happens when I turn up my speakers and things start shaking and then my monitor starts to flicker. I run it at 100 hertz but if I drop it down to 85 hertz it doesn't do it as bad. Also I never saw this happen in my old moniors and I played music just as loud.

1. Try and plug monitor in to different circuit than your stereo, if that fixes it you know your stereo amp is drawing too much power during the bass notes and taking it away from the monitor, which may be more sensitive to power fluctuations than your other monitors.
2. How close are speakers to monitors? it may be the the speakers themselves causing the flicker if the monitor or speakers are shielded poorly (EMF).
3. There also may be bad connection in monitor try banging on the surface the monitor sits on to see if it flickers.
4. Move cables around going to monitor see if flickers while doing it.

Good luck

I ended up just putting a old foam mouspad under the monitor stand and that fixed it, guess it was jsut too much bass.

Back