MiSTer FPGA - Retro Console Hardware

It obviously would be huge news if it turns out to be true and can be done. I believe he currently has an emulator built and no core. I'm optimistic but not getting my hopes up until I see it.

I'm just concerned about whether it can be done on a single memory module system since the N64 used Rambus. But we'll see ...
I actually think it might be a scenario where only certain titles will run 100% depending on the system resources they need. And, that the work is really going to need a new FPGA. However, if anyone can figure it out...it's Robert.

Got my de10 yesterday, installed in case with ironclad+.
IMG_20230505_183624.png

Have the tall lid on it right now, think the de10 might be too tall for the short lid and a fan. Pretty neat setup. Not much more space than a "standard" mr setup, but all the business is in the back, two usb ports up front for controllers or a hub, and you can toss shit under, on top or next to it without worrying about knocking the mr around or shorting shit out. :D

Edit: One thing I do not like about this particular setup, is the de10's sd slot is right next to the usb/eth rear io, so I have to use pliers to insert/remove it (bc I'm not uninstalling the whole DE10 from the ironclad every time I need access). Thankfully that's only necessary if I bork the install. lol

Last edited:
Back