Mismatch RAM XMP?

EnderW

[H]F Junkie
Want to mix and match some 3600 and 3200 RAM. I know I’ll have to down clock to 3200 across the board but can I load the XMP profile for the 3200 and apply it to all 4 sticks?

Want to mix and match some 3600 and 3200 RAM. I know I’ll have to down clock to 3200 across the board but can I load the XMP profile for the 3200 and apply it to all 4 sticks?
So in this case I would put the 3200mhz ram in, enter bios and activate XMP, reboot, enter bios and copy down all the timings and sub timings, voltage, etc and then turn off XMP. I would then put in the 3600mhz sticks with the 3200mhz sticks and manually configure to the 3200mhz XMP timings and voltage in bios without turning on xmp

Or perhaps a little easier, once the 3200 Rams XMP details are loaded, leave it like that, then fit the second set of ram.
The settings should hold.

Or perhaps a little easier, once the 3200 Rams XMP details are loaded, leave it like that, then fit the second set of ram.
The settings should hold.

Or even better, load the 3600 XMP, fit the other set, and then run a memory test to see if they are stable at the OC'd speed.

Reactions: Nenu
like this
Or even better, load the 3600 XMP, fit the other set, and then run a memory test to see if they are stable at the OC'd speed.
It would be nice but unlikely.
Ram is heavily binned, to run a fair amount faster will usually need looser timings and/or more voltage. It may not even run at 3600 as a single pair with the new timings.
The chance of it doing so alongside none compatible modules in a quad setup is slim.
Its worth a try though.

Back