Mining rig

Hi, I hope I don't break any rules by creating a new topic for this. I want to invest 1500 euro (1700usd) in a mining rig. I would like to hear if someone has suggestions about the timing. And here are the components tha I can get in germany for that money.

GPU: 6GB MSI GeForce RTX 2060 VENTUS ( X2 )
RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 RAM
PSU: 1200 Watt be quiet! PSU
M: MSI B450-A Pro MAX AMD AM4
CPU: AMD Athlon 3000G 2x 3.50GHz
SSD: SSD 120GB

Thank you for reading this, and your time. I really appreciate it! Thanks.

Honestly buy 2k in eth right now. Buy a mining rig if the prices of crypto stay down long enough to push used gpus on the market (doubtful)

Last edited:
Note that depending on the board, using an IGP CPU may cost you one of your PCIe slots.

From an ROI perspective, 60 mh/s will earn you about $2.75 USD per day - not exactly a good return on your investment.

6gb cards are also only good for some coins. Definitely not Eth.

Wow, didn't expect that much answers at all! Thank you guys for your time! I was thinking about nicehash, so I would set this up and let it mine, and than buy 1 more GPU every month and that was my idea till I get to 6 GPU's. That's why I choose a 1200w psu. Thank you! Any other suggestions are welcomed

Note that depending on the board, using an IGP CPU may cost you one of your PCIe slots.

From an ROI perspective, 60 mh/s will earn you about $2.75 USD per day - not exactly a good return on your investment.
I didn't get this, what is a better cpu fo the 1200 socket, btw thank you for you time! Cheers!

I didn't get this, what is a better cpu fo the 1200 socket, btw thank you for you time! Cheers!

As I said, it depends on the motherboard. I haven't gone to read the manual for yours. See this thread for a similar scenario - https://hardforum.com/threads/need-...-working-on-a-msi-x470-ryzen-5-3400g.2014858/

You'll need to review the board's manual and see what PCIe slots are active for the CPU you want to use. My guess is you'll lose the secondary x8 slot much like the last poster that dealt with this - you get it back by getting any compatible CPU for the board that does not have integrated graphics.

As I said, it depends on the motherboard. I haven't gone to read the manual for yours. See this thread for a similar scenario - https://hardforum.com/threads/need-...-working-on-a-msi-x470-ryzen-5-3400g.2014858/

You'll need to review the board's manual and see what PCIe slots are active for the CPU you want to use. My guess is you'll lose the secondary x8 slot much like the last poster that dealt with this - you get it back by getting any compatible CPU for the board that does not have integrated graphics.
Oh wow, thanks for the info mate!

Back