Microsoft is buying Bethesda, id, Arkane and more

They have made pretty big strides lately to win back favor. I understand why people have a sour opinion of MS, but I genuinely believe they are moving in the right direction.

Dude the windows store is practically new. Onedrive (corporate) is a nightmare compared to other services. the xbone had the kinect.

Microsoft is a huge mega corp, their gonna get things right some times, but they have far more kinects, vistas, milleniums, xbones, and windows stores than Windows 7s in their history.

I'll give each game a chance, but this news doesn't bring a lot of confidence that we will be seeing stellar TES/Fallout, Dishonored, Id, etc titles.

Last edited:
It seems they left devs like Double Fine alone to do as they please. It might have more to do with the attitudes shifting in these companies they buy, like "oh man, now I work for microsoft, life sure sucks a bag of dicks, gonna go do 2 hours of work then 6 hours of rule 34, then slip outta the door like a greased monkey turd"

Can’t wait to be required to have an Xbox account to play the next Doom. Just like the Java version of Minecraft will be requiring a Microsoft account next year.

Back