Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

Sim update 11 change log includes too many bug fixes to list, performance improvements and DX12 that actually works as it should. FPS running DX12 at nearly 25% increase from DX11 in VR now and much more stable FPS. Yeaaa they finally fixed canted display headset weirdness too. Can finally recommend this sim to people with lower spec systems that enjoy flying.

What's better than playing Doom on a copier?
Playing Flight Simulator within Flight Simulator!

https://www.eurogamer.net/easter-egg-lets-you-play-flight-simulator-inside-flight-simulator-2020

1668436945713.png

Aircraft and Avionics Update 1 released

This is the first of a new series of subsequent updates that will focus squarely on improving the flight behavior and systems of specific default aircraft...this first Aircraft and Avionics update for Microsoft Flight Simulator primarily targets the Dahmer TBM 930, Cessna Citation CJ4, and Cessna Citation Longitude (for Premium Deluxe owners)...all three of these aircraft have received an extensive overhaul of their parameters and systems

the “avionics” portion of the update features enhancements for the Garmin GNS 430W/GNS 530W GPS modules included in many aircraft...these have been upgraded to be closer to their real-life counterparts with enhanced functionality...the C172 Classic, Cap 10, DA-40 TDI, DV-20, L-39, P-51D, and T-6 all now feature these new GPS units...

https://www.flightsimulator.com/aircraft-avionics-i-release-notes-1-30-12-0/

Antonov has come to a licensing deal with Microsoft to revive the An-225 in the digital world and collect funds to finish building the second one.

https://twitter.com/AntonovCompany/status/1621163524948111361
https://www.facebook.com/1000645426...PPLhSfssb3C6FHwmrcd6Z1KN12dscon55cixpvKEs2zl/
View attachment 546144

My dad was lucky enough to catch it taking off from Houston in the early morning many years ago when he was there on a business trip.
I saw it at an an airshow at Brown field just south of San Diego back in 1987. That airfield has a lot of history and also had an amazing airshow back then. The crazy ass soviet pilot flying it banked into his landing at almost 70 degrees at an elevation of less than 2000 ft. I couldn't believe the stones on that guy.

Anyone can offer any help please so i have fs through steam the other day i had to reinstall my os system. So then i downloaded steam and went to install fs it was installing and updating all was good and for what ever reason my computer rebooted and after that the nightmare started i can not install fs now everytime i try it starts up and installation manager screen comes up and says checking for updates and thats it it freezes on that screen i tried so many things but same think keeps happening any clue what to try? I have contacted steam for 3 days now they are useless !!! thanks

I'm guessing you tried validating files in Steam? Complete uninstall via Steam and maybe windows add/remove programs? Manually delete any files not cleared out by those methods? I'd try the Steam forums for help too if haven't yet, maybe some one has had that problem.

I'm guessing you tried validating files in Steam? Complete uninstall via Steam and maybe windows add/remove programs? Manually delete any files not cleared out by those methods? I'd try the Steam forums for help too if haven't yet, maybe some one has had that problem.
Man oh Man going on day 4 of trying to install flight sim i think i have a spell on me its almost impossible we can not get this installed!! Yes i have done everything you mentioned and tons more, also steam is the worst after 4 days of back and forth email tech support there final conclusion is it is a microsoft problem contact them and they closed my support. Contacted ms support on the phone with them for 4 hours with no results then got cut off and they did not call back i am just at a loose of words i did another clean install this morning. And made sure i did all my up windows updates and updated all my drivers before i instaslled steam. Also i did not mention i bought long ago a copy of fs from ms through xbox and with xbox i get to the update page it downloads the update which takes 4 hours gets to 100% and stays there this is so fustrating i am wiped out big time. I wonder if i buy the flight sim disk will work? So after the clean install of windows this morning did the steam download and after 20 min i got the blue sceen it does not stay on long enuff for me to see what it says. I am doing the install right now again through the xbox app. Alittle more info so a month ago i built a new rig before this i was ddr4 and all that route, So u see in my sig i went all ddr5 but i copied my m.2 drive from the old rig so fs ran on here but i would get shut downs and was having trouble with other stuff, so some recommended do a clean install cause i went from dd4 to ddr5 so i did and since then i been going throu this with fs...I Think there might be a conflict with ddr5 or my amd 3d cpu? I am just guessing but i am just lost at this point...

Hmm, the only thing I can think of is to follow AMD's setup guide for the 7000 series 3d cache chips (namely the 12 and 16 core ones) in win11 or 10. It could be an issue with the game and the 3d cache. You have to tell it to use the first set of 8 cores or whatever. Xbox game bar app is required I think.

Check here at AMD:

https://community.amd.com/t5/gaming...with-a-new-amd-ryzen-9-7950x3d-or/ba-p/589464

TomsHardware covering it:

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-ryzen-7000x3d-install-guide

It's definitely Microsoft's issue not Steam. I build a spare computer for a buddy, and it's never been able to install Flight 2020 consistently (big updates are a reinstall as far as I'm concerned). Some of the issues seem to be that it doesn't have any hash check built in to verify the files it's downloading, and an ongoing decompression error (just slowly stops work).

It's definitely Microsoft's issue not Steam. I build a spare computer for a buddy, and it's never been able to install Flight 2020 consistently (big updates are a reinstall as far as I'm concerned). Some of the issues seem to be that it doesn't have any hash check built in to verify the files it's downloading, and an ongoing decompression error (just slowly stops work).
yep thats it, and there is no fix?

So get a load of this !! your going to love this one. Ok so i have my m.2 drive from my ddr4 setup i pop it back it and i play flight sim works perfect. Ok so now at the risk of looing it cause we know how we are we have to know !!! i delete it from the drive, i go to install it and not one dam problem she installed perfect still took some time but no issues!!!!! So i will mention again that drive was maxed out so when i built the ddr5 setup i had to get a bigger drive for work stuff so had no choice but i copied the ddr4 to the new drive but it had alot of issues with everything. So i have had the ddr4 drive for years there must be something on there that allows the updates to install. In case some say use the ddr4 drive as a second drive i tried but i can not get fs to run as being a second drive.. Just figure i would pass along the info in case some great minds out there may have an answer!!!

Oh this gets better !! So i mentioned i put my old ddr4 m.2 drive in and i was using flight sim without a problem ok so, i also put in the new m.2 drive and she booted up with the old drive first so ok i go into my computer and the new drive is there as drive e. So i go into the e drive under desktop the flight sim icon is there and i open it, and that was installed through steam i run it and it opens and flight sim is fine!!! I am not too good with computers so correct me if i am wrong but to me it should be playing off the files for fs from that drive no? ok so then i go into the bios and switch the boot order and make the new drive ddr5 the first boot and i try to open fs and the same problem it trys to download the update again!!! This is weird to me...

Microsoft Flight Simulator- Dune Expansion Launch Trailer

In a groundbreaking collaboration with Legendary Pictures and Warner Bros. Entertainment, Xbox and Microsoft Flight Simulator are immersing gamers in the captivating world of Arrakis in the Dune Expansion – available today!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFvfjWvqCrU

what?!??! omg ill be getting this very soon!

Back