Micro ATX case suggestions wanted

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I bought Fractal Define Mini "non C" years ago and it was noted back then, in 2017, that they were discontinued. I have one of each, my gaming system is a C, our house system is a non-C. (sorry, it is not for sale at this time).

Saw this one, didn't like that it was upside down, not sure if it would affect videocard aio.

I don't think they make that Fractal case any longer. Something like this is similar, in terms of interals. But it does have TG, and likely inferior build quality. https://www.amazon.com/DEEPCOOL-MAT...1?keywords=matx+case+30&qid=1578093205&sr=8-1
120 fan way too close to io & edge of case, aio rads go a bit beyond the screw holes. So this one is out.

I think large fender washers will solve any flex due to top being mesh. I'm really liking this case, Thanks!

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I actually own those two micro-ATX compact cases from Silverstone SUGO
SG10 :
It's a standard vertical case but, very compact and a bit of a headache to mount, has on the side 2 places for 9cm fans+ one 12cm fan for the graphics card, and one place for 8cm place for a fan on the opposite site but front, has a 12cm fan on the back, and a huge 18cm on top. All the fans and the fan spaces have dust filters. The PSU (I put a RMX 850 without a problem could go bigger) is on the top front and pulls the air from the front of the case through another filter. There is a huge space left for the GPU cooler (you should be able to put a Threadripper 2x + cooler on a Asrock X399M with 2 RTX 6000 + Nvlink in that case). You can put a slim slot-in BDR/DVDR drive on top (I put a standard slim BDR but I had to fabricate a little replacement panel with wood). There is place for 2 SSD/HD 2.5 and 2 HD 3.5 on the side (on the back of the motherboard).
There is one other and cheaper box of the same kind at Silverstone (SG9)
SG11 :
A less taller case, much cheaper, but a bit larger because the motherboard is horizontal. The PSU tops the CPU so you need a SFX with adapter (the case is made for standard PSU but then you are very limited on the CPU cooler height.
There is a 12cm fan front side, and 2 places for 8cm fans on top, but only one fits if your GPU is tall.
there is a full 5.25 space for a standard DVDR/BDR on the front. There are no dust filers and you have to buy your own. There are 2 slots for HD 3.5 or 3 2.5 (SSD or HD) + several 2.5 SSD slots if your graphics is not too big.
There are many other PC boxes at Silverstone of the same kind.

I also own a more compact slim vertical micro-ATX case but too small it's a real pain to assemble and it is limited to Low profile GPU.

Requirements:
120mm or 140mm fan at rear above IO area
1 x 5.25 bay
A top that's not flimsy; Ether has a handle or I can mod one onto it.

I'm thinking the Fractal Define Mini (non C), but I can't seem to find one for sale.
https://www.fractal-design.com/products/cases/define/define-mini/black/

Fractal Design Define Mini is still for sale and in stock at Newegg. The Meshify C is the new version, and sells at the same price.

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/case/#m=106&t=7,6&X=6776,11817

No and No.

The Mini (without C) is no longer for sale. The Meshify C in not the new version, Meshify is a seperate line.

The Mini C is the new version, but it lost the door, and the optical bay.

You're right. The "C" is significant, but I thought it was the same case with or without. My mistake.

The Define Mini C is for sale ($75), as well as the new Meshify line.

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
It's ITX, not mATX.
The 2 cases I wrote from Silverstone are fully micro-ATX and only micro-ATX and are very good. I'm actually using them. Not very expensive and I wrote about their limitations and advantages.

Unfortunately, no 5.25 bay, but i just finished putting together my inwin 301. It has a solid top so adding a handle to the top shouldn't be an issue.

I was on a similar case hunt for a build I did for my dad for Christmas. I'd tried to buy a Fractal Define for myself and got a bit irritated with them due to a lack of screws (case just snapped together) and some low grade bits (particularly crunchy plastic feet) that showed up broken.

I ended up using a Cooler Master Silencio S400 mATX case, which has a door, a 5.25" bay and a rear 120mm fan. I mounted a 120mm Corsair H60 AIO on the rear and there was plenty of space for it. The problem you might have with it is the top. It's vented and comes with mesh and solid top inserts, so I'm not sure how well adding a handle would work without reinforcing the top. On the up side, for $100 I was very pleased with it. It's not fancy, but there wasn't anything about it I would call deficient.

I actually own those two micro-ATX compact cases from Silverstone SUGO
SG10 :
It's a standard vertical case but, very compact and a bit of a headache to mount, has on the side 2 places for 9cm fans+ one 12cm fan for the graphics card, and one place for 8cm place for a fan on the opposite site but front, has a 12cm fan on the back, and a huge 18cm on top. All the fans and the fan spaces have dust filters. The PSU (I put a RMX 850 without a problem could go bigger) is on the top front and pulls the air from the front of the case through another filter. There is a huge space left for the GPU cooler (you should be able to put a Threadripper 2x + cooler on a Asrock X399M with 2 RTX 6000 + Nvlink in that case). You can put a slim slot-in BDR/DVDR drive on top (I put a standard slim BDR but I had to fabricate a little replacement panel with wood). There is place for 2 SSD/HD 2.5 and 2 HD 3.5 on the side (on the back of the motherboard).
There is one other and cheaper box of the same kind at Silverstone (SG9)

I have the SG09, and it's pretty great except you had to be clean and thoughtful with cable management and component choices. I think it's the smallest mATX case that can also have full sized air coolers installed (mine has a NH-D14), and can accommodate practically any length video card. Be aware that the mounts on the side for fans may conflict with a video card cooler/shroud if you are to install some 80mm fans or the 120mm fan there. I like this case a lot though, and it's a shame that I think they no longer make either the SG09 or SG10.

I've had my Fractal Define mini-C w/ window (version 2) for four years and it has been a great quiet box. I don't need 5.25 or 3.5 bays these days and all of my SDD drives are M.2.

One the way : Cerberus case (slate gray w/ window).

Back