Meshify C to larger S2 Meshify worth it for high powered GPU?

mazeroth

Limp Gawd
I'm currently running a Ryzen 3600X with an AMD 5700 blower. I'm trying to get my hands on a 3080 or 6800 XT, which will use quite a bit more power and generate quite a bit more heat. I currently have the smaller Meshify C case, but see that Micro Center has its big brother on sale for $109.

https://www.microcenter.com/product...red-glass-atx-mid-tower-computer-case---black

Mine is configured with dual 140mm intake fans and a single 120mm exhaust. With the larger S2 I could do three 140mm intakes and a 140mm exhaust. Do you think it's worth spending the money to get the bigger one? I'm sure I could sell my current one for $40 to $50, or repurpose it for a friend etc.

Thanks!

No I don't. I'd probably just add a fan to the top of the Meshify C.

You may want to wait on that; fractal design is refreshing their line up, and their new meshify 2 and meshify 2 XL seem to have serious improvements:

Unless you want to add radiators and push/pull, no I don't think it's worth it.

I had a huge temperature improvement going from a Define R5 to a Define 7 XL, but I had an EXTREMELY cramped case before. (6 hard drives)
I think you can probably just better optimize your current case airflow.

I run a define c without the front panel.
3x 120mm noctuas up front, 120mm exhaust.
You have to strip out the basement, but it's well worth it air cooling to get that bottom 120mm set to a gpu triggered curve.

A single top fan rearmost and you're set after tuning up your fan curves.

I have run rear intake thru a gpu aio, 280mm aio intake, top exhaust and kept a 1080ti and 9700kf under 65c. So the case is flexible as long as you don't try a long gpu with a front mounted aio or rad + pp fans.

Back