Memory error questions ?

Is it possible to have memory errors caused by anything other then memory like memory is fine but memory controller is not ?
I have 3900x with ddr4 3600 mhz now i had a kit that had errors bad luck i guess, but now i got my 2e kit altho it passed 400% im still worried, cos my previous kit first started to error at 470% then around 200% then around 150% and then finally also 2 errors in memtest86, or will those errors always 99% be due faulty ram ?

And my 2e kit just gave an error at around 85.5% after i woke up my screen i have no idea whats going on now am i seriously this unlucky ?

I meanwhile got errors faster and faster after few reboots gear down mode on power down mode off soc at 1.15 no errors but still worried, it looks like memory is not playing nice with my x570-e and 3900x
Using this kit
F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC

So far no errors hopefully stays that way but im worried :( and stressed out.
and right back to errors and feeling ignored depressed and suicidal.

Last edited:
Calm down, its just memory!
What programs exactly are you using to test? Its very likely your getting false positives depending on the software your using.
Are you certain your memory is set up to the proper specs and voltage prior to testing?

Secondary culprits of memory errors can be motherboard, storage, drivers in that order. Look at your recent system changes.

Try this program:
https://hcidesign.com/memtest/

use the free version. Launch as many instances of it to get it to test almost all of your ram. Look at task manager to determine the usage. If any errors are reported at all with this you most likely have some HW or settings problem.

Last edited:
You're running at 3600 MT/s? You're probably seeing false positives, but try backing off the memory clock a little bit. If you are completely stable at 3400 or some similar number, you can go from there: raise voltage a bit, decide that you were seeing ghosts, whatever. It's entirely possible that you have a marginal motherboard and/or CPU.

HCI is very sensitive to memory controller stability while memtest86 not so much.
Something like TM5 will be a bit more focused on the RAM.
The errors it gives can provide guidance as to what may be the problem.
go

One way to tell if it is the RAM or the controller is to test one stick at a time.

Also make sure you have the latest BIOS as this can affect stability.

It was memory controller altho i returned a 2e kit and bought 3e kit which is samsung b die which are known to have heavy overclocking headroom, i managed to get it stable in the end at 1.175v soc now if only g skill rgb was not such a mess with high cpu usage.

Back