MEG X670E ACE - Code 15 - Delay on Boot

Tanquen

[H]ard|Gawd
Trying to setup a new build and every time I boot to try something I have to wait about a minute to boot the PC.

It looks like a known issue about training the RAM?

Yea, I got the latest BIOS as AMD is killing 7000x3D CPUs. You need the latest beta BIOS to try and make sure the CPU is not being slow cooked to death. I wish I had seen the info on that before buying a new setup. :(

part of early adopting.
does it act any different between stock and expo modes, or manually setting it? if not, you might just have to wait for another bios update. i saw somewhere around here that one of the other oems was already working on that.

I don't think that melting the CPU is like a normal part of early adopting but yeah.

I did find a post that said something about training the RAM and that disabling the RAM profile would help. I did that and a first it was the same but now it's blasting past code 15 on reboots.

Trying to setup a new build and every time I boot to try something I have to wait about a minute to boot the PC.

It looks like a known issue about training the RAM?

I have that ACE board. Code 15 is the RAM training. You'll get that on early every boot. My board, paired with my 7950X and a kit of semi-tuned F5-6400J3239G16GX2 RAM tends to take around 20-30 seconds to re-train per boot. There are options to try to reuse last boot's memory training, but I want to fully retrain for better stability each time.

Out of curiosity, what are your SOC and RAM voltages?

If I use the RAM profile the SoC is 1.3-ish. Without it about 1.0.
I don't use it now as I'm afraid it will bake the CPU and it slows the boot up and I think you can only tell it's running looking at RAM benchmarks. I don't think it helps a RTX4090 at 4k or my VMs. ???

If I use the RAM profile the SoC is 1.3-ish. Without it about 1.0.
I don't use it now as I'm afraid it will bake the CPU and it slows the boot up and I think you can only tell it's running looking at RAM benchmarks. I don't think it helps a RTX4090 at 4k or my VMs. ???
i'd manually set the soc to 1.2v. what is the ram voltage? could bump that a bit, they will handle up to 10% no prob.

Back