McAfee Free Antivirus Beta

Norton turned turned it around in 2009 or 2010.

Hmm. I have heard reports as late as last year, Norton publicly wishing he had taken his name off of the product before he sold it... Will look back into it.

John McAfee lives in Tennessee now... Wonder if he ever got that "suspected of murdering his neighbor in a Central American Nation" thing fixed. He did just get a DUI for driving under the influence of Xanax - while possessing a firearm. Claims his Doc did not explain the "do not use and drive" issue.

McAfee is... well. Ok.

Kaspersky has links to Russia (including being, at least partially, HQ'd there.) And, has had recent former employees claiming unfair practices, like messing with competitors' AV, making them corrupt the OS.

Bitdefender free seems to work well...
Malwarebytes seems good.

My hope is this Beta is a valid attempt by Intel to get the AV back on track (if it ever really was...)

Hmm. I have heard reports as late as last year, Norton publicly wishing he had taken his name off of the product before he sold it... Will look back into it.

Still the first thing that comes to mind when I hear the name Norton:

nortoncommander-5.jpg

Zarathustra[H];1041807586 said:
Still the first thing that comes to mind when I hear the name Norton:

nortoncommander-5.jpg

I miss PC Tools. That was a nice suite that Symantec bought. Either Symantec (or a company they bought) had a windows tool(s) that had a great uninstaller (it monitored every system change during install and used that to uninstall) and a virtual desktop (like w10). As I recall that was in the 9x era.

Norton Commander looks like a rip off of X-Tree Gold. Symantec didn't create much, most ideas were purchased in

Back