MAXIMUS XI HERO Chipset defect?

after

n00b
Hello guys,

I have the motherboard in the picture.
Looks like it doesn't want to start anymore (even no BIOS error codes), after I tried to take a look of what happened I saw that the chipset is super hot even if it's not working but just with the cables connected (ROG effects lights are on). What could be the issue and why the chipset is behaving like that? Can something be done to save the board?
Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_1743_edit.png
    IMG_1743_edit.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
If the chipset is super hot without you doing anything aside from the computer being powered up, it's probably a short somewhere or a bad chipset.

That said, I do not have the knowledge on repairs of this nature.

Best of luck to you though!

Hello guys,

I have the motherboard in the picture.
Looks like it doesn't want to start anymore (even no BIOS error codes), after I tried to take a look of what happened I saw that the chipset is super hot even if it's not working but just with the cables connected (ROG effects lights are on). What could be the issue and why the chipset is behaving like that? Can something be done to save the board?
Thanks!
Unless it's the LED that's hot I agree with the other poster that said you have a short. Make sure the battery has 3V and is connected when trying to start. Also no bent pins in the socket.

Back