Matx board "in" ITX case silliness

I have a NH-U14S running now, with a Peerless Assassin 120 SE waiting to replace it, both of which are pretty tall for a case that puts the PSU above the CPU.
Lol
the main problem is the harddrives, I want about 13mm of clearance between each of the drives for proper airflow volume using quiet fans, NO case has this sort of clearance in its mounting solution, requiring me to fabricate my own.
Why

cookie cutter computers are wonderful because it creates cool bits I can craft into what a computer should be.
the point is not how crisply the cookie is cut to industry standards, but how baked the eater of the cookie is.
wait, it's the cookie that gets baked, right ?
not if MY cooling scheme has anything to say about it.

cookie cutter computers are wonderful because it creates cool bits I can craft into what a computer should be.
the point is not how crisply the cookie is cut to industry standards, but how baked the eater of the cookie is.
wait, it's the cookie that gets baked, right ?
not if MY cooling scheme has anything to say about it.
I've worked in the storage industry for quite some time. Consumer kit - don't worry about it, at least not to that level. I'm still curious why you're going to this much trouble - there are cases and enclosures designed to do what you're trying to do, but... you do you, I guess.

why you're going to this much trouble
it is fun, looking at a thing and seeing how to do it better is a feel good thing.
finding out things that I do not know, or that I know to be true, that is actually WRONG, is especially pleasing.
building 'computer' is a fertile playing field.

there are cases and enclosures designed to do what you're trying to do
with design compromises I see as inferior in aspects that I understand to my satisfaction.

Back