Mass TXTing App/Program - Android/Win10

bob4432

Limp Gawd
Wanting input on a mass texting app to be able to keep up with a small group of like minded friends getting together on Zoom. Would like to start this now when the group is small so I will not have a herculean task as the group grows.
Thanks in advance,
Bob

This is why Signal, WhatsApp and the likes exist. Those would make life easy. That being said, basic Google messages app supports group chat.

Correct. The people I need to txt are my friends but are a separate group I would like to be able to just mass txt a ZOOM meeting to, not use group txt, etc.

I have looked at some 3rd party options but everything thing says you need pre-opt in and a bunch of other bs I do not need because I already know the people.

Correct. The people I need to txt are my friends but are a separate group I would like to be able to just mass txt a ZOOM meeting to, not use group txt, etc.

I have looked at some 3rd party options but everything thing says you need pre-opt in and a bunch of other bs I do not need because I already know the people.
If its just a zoom link, why not email?

Turn off mms group texting in your messaging app. Then everyone will receive the text, but they won't get replies from others.

If its just a zoom link, why not email?
Because everyone is wants and is using txt.

For the quantity I need the price is nothing, but I have to have them opt-in to get this whole process started.
Is there any texting app that does real mass email? I cannot believe what a PITA this is...🤬

Will all the txt addresses be in each message?
Only the sender of the message -- everyone receives a message with only a single number associated with it, at least in my testing. You can try yourself on a small group if you want to be sure.

Only the sender of the message -- everyone receives a message with only a single number associated with it, at least in my testing. You can try yourself on a small group if you want to be sure.
I looked everywhere in Signal, the Txt app I use and I could not find an option to just allow SMS....

It's super simple to do in Google's sms app. Ability to disable group mms message and instead send sms for everyone.

Appreciate the suggestion. Tonight I installed 5-7 apps that claim to be able to do "nothin fancy" mass sms. Figure I will try them out over the next few days.

Back