Marvel's Wolverine (Insomniac Games)

Nothing to get excited about, yet, but their work on Spider-Man has me optimistic.
I'm not sure. They announced Spooderman 2 as well, so doesn't that mean it's probably an entirely different team working on Wolverine? Or maybe it's the Miles Morales team doing Wolverine while the original team is working on SM2?

I hope it follows the same theme and focus on narrative as the movie Logan; loved that movie and it is very reminiscent of the TLoU games for me. It could be kind of a cross between TLoU and God of War, as in set in a gritty environment with a simple story but a few complex characters that are well written and acted, and also have a well-rounded combat mechanics and upgrades to make dispatching enemies a satisfying chore every time you need to.

Yeah Deadpool and Wolverine Weapon X program Department H. This will be my next PS5 game.

It's my understanding that the game had just started development in earnest shortly before the 2021 reveal, so a 2024 release isn't surprising. Insomniac's big game for this year is Marvel's Spider-Man 2.

I’m okay with it being 2 years away, as long as it’s good. Idk why it feels like superhero games are at risk to be mediocre. I loved spider man 1 and have yet to play miles morales and spider man 2 but will for sure play them. I don’t feel the same about other superhero games.

I’m okay with it being 2 years away, as long as it’s good. Idk why it feels like superhero games are at risk to be mediocre. I loved spider man 1 and have yet to play miles morales and spider man 2 but will for sure play them. I don’t feel the same about other superhero games.
Super hero games were generally medicore before the newer Spider-Man games.

I wonder why that is. Not enough development or it just doesn’t translate well. The avengers game was meh. Really wanted that to be good.

Super hero games were generally mediocre before the Arkham series. Arkham Asylum changed how super hero games were designed after it came out. The newer Spider-Man games are literally an Arkham game with Spider-Man instead of Batman.

Super hero games were generally mediocre before the Arkham series. Arkham Asylum changed how super hero games were designed after it came out. The newer Spider-Man games are literally an Arkham game with Spider-Man instead of Batman.
True. I somehow forgot about the Arkham games.

very true, I just didnt have the maturity to see the batman games through. They did require a lot of engagement.

very true, I just didnt have the maturity to see the batman games through. They did require a lot of engagement.
I don't think as much engagement as anything else, at least until Arkham Knight. Even then the gameplay loop was the standard exposition -> exploration -> fighting arena. The Spider-Man games extends that concept into a more open world.

The new Spiderman games have also borrowed a lot from Web of Shadows, for their combat and some of the traversal.

Web of Shadows is almost a really good game. Obviously stunted by limited budget and dev time. But, there was a lot to like there.
The main point being really excellent combat which was also blended with traversal/web-slinging. (the new games sort of blend Web of Shadows combat with Arkham combat).

The story also had the city scape and people, degrade with symbiote infection. Which was really cool and decently realized.

Back