Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered (PC)

Does Miles Morales have web swinging in the game like this game or is a totally different game?

Spider-Man Remastered Patch v1.919.0.0 released

Release Notes:

-Implemented autosave backups. At key points in the story, the game will create a backup of the autosave slot
-Fixed a bug that prevented some players from opening the gadget wheel during the tutorial in the beginning of the game
-Fixed an issue that resulted in a crash for some players when using a wide field of view
-Fixed sensitivity issues with analog sticks when inspecting items or solving puzzles in the game at high frame rates
-Improved visual quality of fabric textures in cut scenes when using resolutions of 1080p or lower
-Fixed a frame rate related issue in the Streets of Poison mission that could cause players to die instantly
-Fixed an issue that caused some players to spawn out of bounds at the start of the Getting Deep mission in the Silver Lining DLC
-Fixed an issue that caused some players to spawn out of bounds when entering the Hammerhead base in Harlem in the Turf Wars DLC
-Various minor visual ray-tracing fixes

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1817070/view/5302448439020897525

I am not the type I feel that would see a difference or care between 90-110 fps to 200, but it seem to have a gain in image clarity instead of a loss in the side by side, obviously if it added artifact and issues they would have not included those moment in a 50 s clips, but maybe they reached a point that a lot of your screen a l ot of the time will be looking better than native will be common.

Last edited:
That one dude was hard on the RX 6600, picked up driver 22.9.1 today and the game itself, everyone always shows a high end cpu in testing, but thats not real world really for a low end cards! I don't know what the best settings are yet but it's a fun game!

FRS 2.0 was on

This was my RX6700 with VSync on, that's seems to be my recording issue and without VSync it's a shutter feast on the recording end.

Last edited:
Spider-Man Remastered Patch v1.919.0.0 released

Release Notes:

-Implemented autosave backups. At key points in the story, the game will create a backup of the autosave slot
-Fixed a bug that prevented some players from opening the gadget wheel during the tutorial in the beginning of the game
-Fixed an issue that resulted in a crash for some players when using a wide field of view
-Fixed sensitivity issues with analog sticks when inspecting items or solving puzzles in the game at high frame rates
-Improved visual quality of fabric textures in cut scenes when using resolutions of 1080p or lower
-Fixed a frame rate related issue in the Streets of Poison mission that could cause players to die instantly
-Fixed an issue that caused some players to spawn out of bounds at the start of the Getting Deep mission in the Silver Lining DLC
-Fixed an issue that caused some players to spawn out of bounds when entering the Hammerhead base in Harlem in the Turf Wars DLC
-Various minor visual ray-tracing fixes

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1817070/view/5302448439020897525

The game wasn't in a bad shape at release (according to people who played it at least), but I do enjoy how Sony is quick with patching and releasing actual change logs.

Spider-Man Remastered v1.1006.0.0 Patch Notes

-Added support for Intel XeSS upscaling technology
-Updated AMD FSR to version 2.1.1
-Made changes to address performance degradation when raytracing is enabled
-Changed VRAM budgets to allow for more video memory usage
-Added Connect to PSN option in the menu
-Fixed a bug that could cause the screen to turn black when switching to DLAA after DLSS had been set to Ultra Performance mode
-Fixed corruption in ray-traced reflections at low render resolutions when screen space reflections are also enabled
-Reduced flicker in ray-traced reflections when DLSS or DLAA is enabled
-Fixed corruption in ray-traced reflections on Intel ARC GPUs
-Minor visual fixes for some cinematics in 32:9 aspect ratio

https://steamcommunity.com/games/1817070/announcements/detail/3299474214664311943

I just don't buy games day 1 anymore mostly, if it's something I really wanna play I will, but otherwise I wait a year for the actual (fully patched) game and a Steam sale price

so XeSS and FSR can be used regardless of which GPU you have?...so I can use them with an Nvidia card?...I knew that was the case with FSR but didn't know that XeSS was also like that

it's finally on sale on Steam (20% discount)...I was hoping it would go on sale before Miles Morales comes out on November 18th...a bundle featuring both games would have been ideal but buying the first at a discount is better than paying full price for both...

I have to say this game is quite awful. Did not expect it to be this bad. The mission design is horrid, but what is even worse is the entirely non-functional controls. Probably one of the worst fighting games I've ever played. For a character that is supposed to zip around quickly Spider-man is exceptionally immobile in combat. The hit, dodge, zip tie, and whatnot are all the same button but switches too quickly to be of use. The gadgets require pausing to open a menu to use which gets you killed before you can select. The game essentially requires you to stun enemies with a weak projectile weapon that is impossible to aim and slow to reload. And then you limp around. Combos are useless because you can't track opponents or consistently hit enemies.

So far this is seeming like a 4 or 5 out of 10 for me. The set up is just awful, lots of fetch quests and repeating activities with non-working controls makes it almost pointless as a game. Maybe it gets better and the grind based upgrades make you invincible, but that would just be boring. The gameplay is just incomplete. Not sure how they could screw up a simply fighting game so bad.Then again, Arkham City was a broken game when Asylum worked flawlessly so the bar is fairly low.

The fighting/controls are the one thing I really liked about the game. That's pretty much what kept me going after they dumped the 15th set of fetch quests onto the map.

The fighting/controls are the one thing I really liked about the game. That's pretty much what kept me going after they dumped the 15th set of fetch quests onto the map.
Agreed. It’s the best part of the game..

Outside of the main story missions the game isn’t very good.

Agreed. It’s the best part of the game..

Outside of the main story missions the game isn’t very good.

So far it just seems like repeating activities. Jump around to a marker. Take a picture of a building. Take out camera. How do I take a picture? Or of what exactly? Do I need to climb up on something? Because the marker takes me to the front door.

Just seems like a lazy, zero effort game. All of the "mini games" make zero logical sense. Not that taking fake photos of fake things is interesting, but maybe some pointers about what angle you need to take and maybe camera controls would be useful.

The main storyline stuff was largely pretty good. Great graphics, and great writing for the characters. The general Doctor Octavius story/writing was really well done here.

But yes, everything outside of the main story content is just garbage. Some of the worst copy/paste filler i've ever seen, and there are very minimal actual side-quests that are more than that. This is totally unlike the Arkham games which have both filler collect BS, but also have really cool side-quests for various other sub-villians.

It's insane to me that this game got higher ratings then Days Gone. Days Gone puts this game to shame, IMO.

And of course, it's nothing compared to Uncharted 4 or God of War 4.

I have to say this game is quite awful. Did not expect it to be this bad...Not sure how they could screw up a simply fighting game so bad.Then again, Arkham City was a broken game when Asylum worked flawlessly so the bar is fairly low.

so it doesn't compare favorably to the combat and overall gameplay structure of the Arkham games?

so it doesn't compare favorably to the combat and overall gameplay structure of the Arkham games?
The only thing better is the combat. Arkham has better stealth options though. Arkham is generally a better game across the board.

The only thing better is the combat. Arkham has better stealth options though. Arkham is generally a better game across the board.

the combat is one of the biggest aspects of the game...so if you're saying that Spider-Man has the better combat then it should be an excellent game...as far as stealth, yes in the Arkham games you can hide on those gargoyle statues and swing around picking off enemies and sneak up behind them as well but at the end of the day it was mostly about chaining together combos

the combat is one of the biggest aspects of the game...so if you're saying that Spider-Man has the better combat then it should be an excellent game...as far as stealth, yes in the Arkham games you can hide on those gargoyle statues and swing around picking off enemies and sneak up behind them as well but at the end of the day it was mostly about chaining together combos
The problem is the game around it blows outside of the main missions.

Some of the side stuff isn't bad, but there is definitely too much of it and it really needed to be balanced out by more meaningful side-missions. The handful of side-missions they have aren't bad, but the game needed more of them and they needed to really weave more story and character bits into them. I really like the side-missions in the DLCs since they, mostly, tie into the events going on in those DLCs. I think this is an aspect that Miles does better. It has most of the same problems with the busy work being Ubisoft-grade stuff, but there's less of it to deal with and the game has some more "meaningful" side content to go along with the random activities.

I find it to be clunky, the combos are generally pointless because they rely on too many environmental factors that may not be in every fight, and are too cumbersome to use. Unlike the Arkham games you can't easily switch between enemies quickly. Who you end up hitting or webbing is essentially random. Stealth is awful in this game, which is a problem because the fighting itself is bad too.

I'd say the Arkham games are much better in the fighting department. Much more fluid.

Yeah.

I'll keep playing this until I finish it, I hope it gets better. The recreation of NYC itself is nice but slinging around and doing the same few cumbersome activities dozens of times gets old quick. I thought God of War was fairly underwhelming, but I think the combat in that was a good bit better than this. It had bad map navigation, but at least it was more story based and less micro side quest based.

Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered Screenshot 2022.11.07 - 01.46.53.61.png

Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered Screenshot 2022.11.07 - 12.39.02.79.png
Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered Screenshot 2022.11.07 - 00.21.19.07.png

Attachments

• Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered Screenshot 2022.11.07 - 12.39.02.79.png
    Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered Screenshot 2022.11.07 - 12.39.02.79.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
I hear the story is better in the first Spidey game but overall Miles Morales is the better game

I hope the story picks up. Seems like there is more side content than story content.

There is. The story stops too many times for the game to tell you to "go do Spider-man stuff for several minutes) before the story picks back up. It's really frustrating if you're just trying to get through the plot.

Thankfully the game got better. First 4-5 hours was essentially side activities, with main story missions essentially being interactive cut scenes. Now the story missions are getting a bit more interactive. But still they're fairly short. Most story missions can be finished in 20 minutes or less. So far it seems like half or more of the game are basic side activities. Seems like that won't change, but it is better than the first few hours.

Back