Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered (PC)

PC Gamer here ,have not owned a console since 1988 and first played on console in the 1970's.
All I can say the console released games on PC that I played were all fine so far and I have received many hours of PC Gaming fun on these titles
(God of War, Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered, Days Gone, Horizon Zero Dawn,Red dead Redemption 2 ETC).

I also want to play more of these console games on PC.(Last Of Us,Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection,Ghost of Tsushima,Horizon Forbidden West ETC)

hopefully Miles Morales is the next Sony PC release (ahead of the Uncharted Collection)...followed by Returnal...I want Demon's Souls more than any of them

hopefully Miles Morales is the next Sony PC release (ahead of the Uncharted Collection)...followed by Returnal...I want Demon's Souls more than any of them

I hope so as well seeing as it is essentially a big expansion. Followed by Uncharted, which is what I wanted before Spider Man. Returnal I don't care about at all. I think the first two may come out Q4, with Returnal being early next year. Last of Us Remake and Last of Us 2 are probably around the corner after that. I am wanting to play those, and hopefully there isn't a huge delay between 1 and 2. Horizon Forbidden west may come out around a year from now if we're lucky.

As for Spider Man the recent patch looks good. A fair amount of fixes. I do like that Sony games are quick to receive patches.

Finished the game today. I stand by my statement that I prefer the Arkham games, and again reaffirms just how awesome of a game Knight was. Again, the only thing better here is the combat. There are just far more options, and it can actually be difficult on the higher difficulty unlike the Arkham games. However, this game has you doing a lot of stealth sequences, and they pale in comparison to the Arkham stealth sections.

The character building of the typical Peter Parker + Dr. Octavius in this game was really well done, and again, the main missions were outstanding. However, there just isn't much game outside that. All of the side content is pretty snooze-fest, and the larger issue is that the game world (new york city) just isn't as interesting/fun as Arkham City.

Finally, even now, I think Arkham Knight still looks better than this game in most sections. The only time this game looks better is in the specific main mission sequences.

I'm having a good time with this one, but I don't think it's amazing. It's very heavily influenced by the Arkham games. Combat is more challenging and varied, but stealth and trying to do anything precise is a pain in the ass. It's also very heavy on collecting stuff and ticky-tack side stuff. It's probably an 8/10 for me, while I'd at least give the first Arkham game a 9 to a 9.5. Later ones more more along the lines of this game and tried to overwhelm you with more stuff but less substance.

The further I get, the less fun things have been getting. You do a "real" mission and then they just littler the map with a bunch of tedious fetch quests and cut+paste gang fights. After the 3rd or 4th time they re-populate the map with new stuff it starts to get really old. You don't have to do those things, but they seem to make up a pretty big chunk of the game's overall content.

The further I get, the less fun things have been getting. You do a "real" mission and then they just littler the map with a bunch of tedious fetch quests and cut+paste gang fights. After the 3rd or 4th time they re-populate the map with new stuff it starts to get really old. You don't have to do those things, but they seem to make up a pretty big chunk of the game's overall content.

I thought you played the game on console?...so wouldn't you already have known about the gameplay?...only thing different on PC are the graphics- ray-tracing in particular is much improved over the PS5 version

Those saying this is like an arkham game, I disagree (having not played this at all yet too, lol), this is still a spider-man game, arkham was like spider-man

1661202189492.png

good game btw ☝️ formula is still the same it seems, just obviously newer/more advanced

I thought you played the game on console?...so wouldn't you already have known about the gameplay?...only thing different on PC are the graphics- ray-tracing in particular is much improved over the PS5 version

Nope, never played the console versions. Those versions have pretty stellar reviews, and comparing the game to the Batman series isn't necessarily a bad thing. The game isn't horrible or anything, it's just filled with repetitious fetch quests. Find all the backpacks, photograph all the buildings, fight all the Fisk goons, fight all the Demon goons, find all of Harry's labs, etc. They make up a pretty large chunk of the game.

Nope, never played the console versions. Those versions have pretty stellar reviews, and comparing the game to the Batman series isn't necessarily a bad thing. The game isn't horrible or anything, it's just filled with repetitious fetch quests. Find all the backpacks, photograph all the buildings, fight all the Fisk goons, fight all the Demon goons, find all of Harry's labs, etc. They make up a pretty large chunk of the game.
PC gamers have higher standards. Any well-reviewed console game will face more criticism on this platform.
And like I said before, the game was previously a PS4 exclusive which means it gets a lot more hype than it deserves.

The amount of times the plot just stops and the game tells you to just “do stuff until the next mission happens” is it’s biggest problem in terms of pacing. You can just wait around a couple minutes and the next main mission will pop up but it gets really annoying.

I'm having a really good time with it, I don't even think the side stuff is THAT bad.

For some reason though I lost Spidey's audio, all the rest is fine, after a couple of restarts it's still missing.

I'm having a really good time with it, I don't even think the side stuff is THAT bad.

For some reason though I lost Spidey's audio, all the rest is fine, after a couple of restarts it's still missing.
Are you using a Dual Sense 5 controller? It happened once for me. I had to go into windows sound devices and select my speakers from the menu because for some odd reason it selected my audio device as the Dual Sense 5 speakers.

Are you using a Dual Sense 5 controller? It happened once for me. I had to go into windows sound devices and select my speakers from the menu because for some odd reason it selected my audio device as the Dual Sense 5 speakers.
No I’m using kb/m, this happened while playing on my laptop, but after a few hours of play and the only audio missing is Spidey’s.

HW Unboxed took a look at how different setups perform in the game. While 4K with things jacked tends to even things out, looks like lots of little things (including DDR5) affect 1080p performance.

HW Unboxed took a look at how different setups perform in the game. While 4K with things jacked tends to even things out, looks like lots of little things (including DDR5) affect 1080p performance.

1920x1080 is a CPU-limited resolution these days, so that isn't surprising. 2560x1440 will be there not too far into the future.

Just finished the game, around 25 hours here. I couldn't bring myself to hunt down all the crimes or do all of the research stations but did all the rest. All in all a pretty incredible game; it looked awesome, ran awesome, combat was good, and the story was fantastic. Wasn't a fan of some of the side missions but I thought the challenges and bases were pretty fun, even kind of liked the black cat stuff. If there was a sequel out I'd already be playing it.

interesting new feature in the latest patch: an option to force the aspect ratio of the game to values like 32:9 or 21:9 on any screen. This gives all players the possibility to experience Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered in ultrawide aspect ratios

My performance dropped in a major way. I only had 10'ish minutes to play this morning, but even using the FPS target upscaling option seemed to be very choppy. That's with the sharpness set to 0. Increasing it made things worse. Hopefully it was some sort of anomaly.

EDIT: Luckily a false alarm. It's running fine this morning. Am tinkering with the sharpness and find that I like it around the halfway point. If you crank it all the way, you see more details, but almost to a fault. Things like hair and leaves look weird and almost pixelated.

Last edited:
I completed the main game and even did all the random street stuff because I'm OCD like that. I fired up the DLC...only to find it's filled with the exact same street stuff. I want to like this game more than I do, but most of the content is straight up lazy. The core game is really good, but the street missions and playing as MJ or Miles = not fun.

Another patch:
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1817070/view/3363647504550039120

Release Notes
  • Fixed issues that could cause negative CPU performance impact when using certain controllers.
  • Further visual finetuning of HBAO+.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause input loss after enabling Photo Mode during cinematics.
  • Sticker placement in Photo Mode is not constrained to 16:9 anymore.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented users from moving lights and stickers in Photo Mode in scenes where the player does not have control over the camera.
  • Fixed a crash that would occur on Intel Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge CPUs with ray-tracing enabled.
  • Added performance and memory use logging.
Known Issues
  • Some players using Intel GPUs cannot take a picture of the Empire State building, blocking their progression. Intel released a beta driver update for Arc GPUs that addresses this issue. A general driver update for other GPUs is expected soon.
Ongoing investigations
  • Some players are reporting that some game achievements are not unlocking correctly for them. We are investigating.
  • Some players on laptops with NVIDIA GPUs are reporting significantly lower performance than what would be expected from their hardware. We are investigating this potential issue together with NVIDIA.
  • Some players are mentioning performance degradation after playing for a long amount of time. So far, we have not been able to reproduce this issue, but our investigations are ongoing, and we are analyzing data from players experiencing these issues to get a better understanding of the potential underlying problem.

On my end, the main issue I've run into is crashing to desktop. It mainly seems to occur when fast-traveling or when redoing a mission. The weird thing with it, is that it sometimes affects my savegames. I'll fire things back up after a crash and my character looks like a mouse-sized while pill instead of Spider-Man. Other times I'll re-load it and keep falling through the streets into an abyss. Sometimes all the textures will be super muddy, like they only partially loaded. Rebooting usually fixes the issue (restarting the game doesn't) but at least once I had to go back to a previous manual save. Luckily I'm pretty thorough about that.

On my end, the main issue I've run into is crashing to desktop. It mainly seems to occur when fast-traveling or when redoing a mission. The weird thing with it, is that it sometimes affects my savegames. I'll fire things back up after a crash and my character looks like a mouse-sized while pill instead of Spider-Man. Other times I'll re-load it and keep falling through the streets into an abyss. Sometimes all the textures will be super muddy, like they only partially loaded. Rebooting usually fixes the issue (restarting the game doesn't) but at least once I had to go back to a previous manual save. Luckily I'm pretty thorough about that.

And what is why I hate games that don't offer manual saving.

Looks like a good patch though. This will probably be my next game but might wait for another patch or two.

I've finally managed to get to the last of the DLC missions. I truly despise how grindy this game is. Fortunately I'm not so OCD that I feel obligated to get perfect scores on everything. One thing I will say - the difficulty goes through the roof in the 2nd DLC. Most of the game is relatively easy. Those missions are legitimately pretty tough. Lots of attacks become unreactable, your chains become more limited, and the new enemies full-on disable all your gadgets.

And what is why I hate games that don't offer manual saving.

Looks like a good patch though. This will probably be my next game but might wait for another patch or two.
My Steam version of the game has had manual saving from day 1.Other version's I can not speak on.

The game can get boring as frack but I am at 88% complete and certainly got my entertainment value in full with around 50 hours played.

I'm at around 40 hours played and am at 100% on the main story, DLC #1, and DLC #2. I'm at around 30% of the way through DLC #3.I do need some "base" badges to unlock one last suit, but have otherwise unlocked everything. I figure I'll go back to the main map and try to get those vs. the insanely tough missions in the DLC map. I feel like it's been a worthwhile purchase, but the ratings for this game have been inflated AF. Literally 80% of the game = mission randomizer quests and doing the same things over and over. The DLC's hammer that in even more. The 20% of the game that = non-randomized is really good, but most of the content is lazy. If they didn't release it during the summer release doldrums I probably would have just blown through the main story and then bailed. Yet here we are.

I'm at around 40 hours played and am at 100% on the main story, DLC #1, and DLC #2. I'm at around 30% of the way through DLC #3.I do need some "base" badges to unlock one last suit, but have otherwise unlocked everything. I figure I'll go back to the main map and try to get those vs. the insanely tough missions in the DLC map. I feel like it's been a worthwhile purchase, but the ratings for this game have been inflated AF. Literally 80% of the game = mission randomizer quests and doing the same things over and over. The DLC's hammer that in even more. The 20% of the game that = non-randomized is really good, but most of the content is lazy. If they didn't release it during the summer release doldrums I probably would have just blown through the main story and then bailed. Yet here we are.
I picked up ghost wire for only $25 and I’m enjoying it far more than I did this game.

I picked up ghost wire for only $25 and I’m enjoying it far more than I did this game.

I can't think of anything else coming out any time soon, so I'll probably snag that one, too. If nothing else, the graphics look cool.

I can't think of anything else coming out any time soon, so I'll probably snag that one, too. If nothing else, the graphics look cool.

I didn't think it was anything special. Not a bag game but it is a middle of the road budget and middle of the road game. It does get repetitive.

Whew, finally done with this one. Did 100% completion for everything, although I didn't get perfect scores for all the bases/challenges/etc. I doubt I'll ever play it again, honestly. The compelling missions were too few and far between and the other stuff is boring. I've replayed several of the Batman titles, but they were way less randomized.
Make no mistake, the later stuff in Spider-Man gets to be hard as hell, but in kind of a cheap way. They keep throwing numbers at you and limit your ability to react. In some cases, I'm convinced they just hit you no matter what. My overall completion time was right around 45 hours and I'd venture a guess that less than 8 of those hours were actual story missions. I'll consider this game a missed opportunity. It honestly does some things really well. They just got their priorities out of wack. Fewer randomized bases/challenges and a better core game.

For the folks that have played Miles Morales - does it follow the same formula?

I wonder if Steam will offer a Spider-Man/Miles Morales bundle...I was planning on playing this at release but the longer I wait the more tempted I get to wait for the sequel and play them together (especially since Sony announced that MM would be coming out in the Fall- so 2-3 months after Spider-Man on PC)...especially since a lot of people consider MM to be DLC along with the overall better game- Morales also has the better graphics since it was built for the PS5

Whew, finally done with this one. Did 100% completion for everything, although I didn't get perfect scores for all the bases/challenges/etc. I doubt I'll ever play it again, honestly. The compelling missions were too few and far between and the other stuff is boring. I've replayed several of the Batman titles, but they were way less randomized.
Make no mistake, the later stuff in Spider-Man gets to be hard as hell, but in kind of a cheap way. They keep throwing numbers at you and limit your ability to react. In some cases, I'm convinced they just hit you no matter what. My overall completion time was right around 45 hours and I'd venture a guess that less than 8 of those hours were actual story missions. I'll consider this game a missed opportunity. It honestly does some things really well. They just got their priorities out of wack. Fewer randomized bases/challenges and a better core game.

For the folks that have played Miles Morales - does it follow the same formula?

The formula is similar, but it's a much more contained game so there's less to do. It's the same over-all format and a lot of activities carry over, but it does have a new system for side-quests/crimes that I vastly prefer. That said, I definitely did not 100% it on the PS5. I did the stuff that interested me and ignored the rest.

Back