Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered (PC)

Patch Notes
  • Added NVIDIA Reflex support for all compatible GPUs.
  • Added a Contrast slider.
  • Added a HDR Paper White slider.
  • Improved the way Finishers and other two button actions are handled.
  • Addressed visual bugs with shadows and sunlight that could occur with certain AMD Radeon GPUs
  • Fixed a bug that could cause image corruption on Intel ARC GPUs when using Dynamic Resolution Scaling.
  • Stability improvements and optimizations.

Has anyone been able to get HDR to work correctly on this title? All it seems to do is make everything too bright and wash everything out on my display. Local dimming certainly helps in SDR, but HDR absolutely kills my picture.

So I was able to get HDR to work... using ReShade. Major hit to performance but using the injectable service it seems to look like true HDR now, including peak brightness. Used some horrible over saturated preset on nexus mods and went to town from there. Took about an hour or so to get it to look like SDR but significantly better. I don't understand why major companies like this can't just do decent HDR 10 masters for PC? Makes no sense. Well, I have actual shadow definition at night in HDR so that's cool, I still need to fix the awful usage of bloom in reshade (it's better but still way over done).
Kind of feel like I'm wasting my time though, the actual game isn't very good. Feels like a worse version Arkham Knight with an insufferable main character. Combat is solid but I'm playing the game with subtitles.

Last edited:
Has anyone been able to get HDR to work correctly on this title? All it seems to do is make everything too bright and wash everything out on my display. Local dimming certainly helps in SDR, but HDR absolutely kills my picture.
Looks fine for me on my PG27UQ. Windows HDR is turned on, max luminance in game set to 1000, paper white set to 100.

Looks fine for me on my PG27UQ. Windows HDR is turned on, max luminance in game set to 1000, paper white set to 100.
I'll try those settings, I found shadow detail particularly lacking, just felt like everything was washed out and bright, ReShade seems to add a ton more shadow detail. Best HDR I've seen in a game so far is Horizon: Zero Dawn, red tones are a bit much but it's mesmerizing. To be fair, I've only had my monitor a week now.

Back