Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales (PC)

Miles, not Mike :).
Haha I don't know why I keep doing that. I know it's Miles but I always type in Mike like 80% of time I write it out. Interestingly I swear for a second it said Miles not Mike when I re-read my post. I think my brain's auto correct has a bug. :D

Haha I don't know why I keep doing that. I know it's Miles but I always type in Mike like 80% of time I write it out. Interestingly I swear for a second it said Miles not Mike when I re-read my post. I think my brain's auto correct has a bug. :D
Haha :p.

I read it as Miles when I read your post too. Our brains will often just correct what we read if it’s just slightly wrong.

I really want to play both Spidey games on PC but don't want to pay full price...might end up getting both games via one of those official reseller key stores (not the gray market sites but official resellers)

I don't see why you would not want to use official reseller key stores, it saves you money so I say go for it :). I only buy direct from GoG because I don't mind paying extra for DRM-Free and AFAIK there aren't official key sellers for GoG other than the occasional offered by Humble Bundle on choice or Amazon prime gaming. Other than that I buy from the official reseller key stores 95% of the time now. I am only on the fence about Miles because I haven't finished the PC Spider-Man yet and don't know if I will finish it before the eventual normal sale price drops happen.

I don't see why you would not want to use official reseller key stores, it saves you money so I say go for it :). I only buy direct from GoG because I don't mind paying extra for DRM-Free and AFAIK there aren't official key sellers for GoG other than the occasional offered by Humble Bundle on choice or Amazon prime gaming. Other than that I buy from the official reseller key stores 95% of the time now. I am only on the fence about Miles because I haven't finished the PC Spider-Man yet and don't know if I will finish it before the eventual normal sale price drops happen.

I've used GMG in the past...there seems to be a lot of these 'official' resellers which seems a bit suspicious...why would developers let these sites sell their games for 50- 60% cheaper?

I've used GMG in the past...there seems to be a lot of these 'official' resellers which seems a bit suspicious...why would developers let these sites sell their games for 50- 60% cheaper?

While there are times where contracts enforce prices, most of the time there isn't. MSRP is just a suggested price. Stores are free to charge what they want, as long as they're willing to take the hit to their profits. Companies are still getting paid the same amount from official resellers so if the reseller is willing to eat their own profit margin for a sale it really doesn't matter as the publisher is still getting the same amount of money for the keys.

If I remember correctly, keys sold via a keyseller don't have the 30% Valve cut so its not actually an undercut for the developer. It's one of the reasons Valve restricts how many keys devs can generate for their game.

If I remember correctly, keys sold via a keyseller don't have the 30% Valve cut so its not actually an undercut for the developer. It's one of the reasons Valve restricts how many keys devs can generate for their game.
That's correct.

GeForce Game Ready Driver 526.98 Is Optimized for Marvel’s Spider-Man Miles Morales, Adds RTX IO and HDR10+ Support

Insomniac's Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales PC features:

-NVIDIA DLSS 3
-NVIDIA DLAA
-NVIDIA Reflex
-Ray-traced reflections
-Ray-traced shadows

the new driver also quietly adds support for RTX IO (as part of the Microsoft DirectStorage 1.1 release, though it also works on Vulkan API through two new extensions) and for HDR10+ displays. However, neither technology is currently supported in any games

Last edited:
Global launch map

https://twitter.com/insomniacgames/status/1592924056554450944

Miles-Morales.png

I always find it funny when they use GMT instead of UTC. The day starts at noon on GMT, which is 00:00.

I wish everything just released at midnight eastern as is the norm for PC titles. The standard always used to be new releases = midnight on Monday/Tuesday with Nintendo being weird and choosing Sunday instead.

I wish everything just released at midnight eastern as is the norm for PC titles. The standard always used to be new releases = midnight on Monday/Tuesday with Nintendo being weird and choosing Sunday instead.
The midnight window is determined by the locale of the developer, typically. Sometimes it was eastern, sometimes it was pacific. Really doesn't matter to me either way since I rarely am able to play games the minute they launch.

The midnight window is determined by the locale of the developer, typically. Sometimes it was eastern, sometimes it was pacific. Really doesn't matter to me either way since I rarely am able to play games the minute they launch.

Yup, I'll occasionally have a game that unlocks later but I'd guesstimate 7/10 games are playable at midnight EST. That's only 10PM for me, so I usually download/unlock the game and fire up the config options before I go to bed.

Those Miles Morales Nvidia drivers are causing all sorts of chaos with my TV. Lots of random black screen flashes. Performance seems to be fine, but this is getting old.

Those Miles Morales Nvidia drivers are causing all sorts of chaos with my TV. Lots of random black screen flashes. Performance seems to be fine, but this is getting old.
In game or on your desktop also as you use the PC normally? I had an issue with getting lots of random like black screen flashes when I was doing nothing but web browsing and other normal stuff. I fixed it by going to the nvidia control panel and making g-sync enable for full screen mode only.

In game or on your desktop also as you use the PC normally? I had an issue with getting lots of random like black screen flashes when I was doing nothing but web browsing and other normal stuff. I fixed it by going to the nvidia control panel and making g-sync enable for full screen mode only.

Normal desktop usage. I'll give that a shot and see what happens!
EDIT: After thinking that fixed it for me, it seems to have started up again. It's less frequent, but it's definitely still happening.

Last edited:
Are the abilities essentially the same? Grinded out most of the powers in Spider Man, so hoping this one has most of those abilities ready to go and they are mostly similar.

Majority of starter moves are like original spidey powered up minus some perk bonuses like surrounding enemy stun, miles gets new moves into the mix based on his powers.

So how is the gameplay in this one compared to the first game? I only enjoyed the story missions of the first game, and found it pretty bland otherwise. I generally thought it was the weakest of the Sony PC releases.

So how is the gameplay in this one compared to the first game? I only enjoyed the story missions of the first game, and found it pretty bland otherwise. I generally thought it was the weakest of the Sony PC releases.

Pretty similar. They did tweak web swinging a little and I think combat feels better (if mostly the same). The map is the same, just set in the winter. They did bring over a lot of the activities from the base game but there’s less of it and I feel like it’s less annoying. They do a better job with side-quest style things and actually build in an easy way to find the more interesting side stuff. The “go do Spider-Man shit” moments are less and due to how they handle side-quests you don’t really need to do the more boring side activities while you wait for the story to get on with it, there are also less of those moments. I feel like the plot pacing is better as well.

from what I hear: Spidey 1: better story...Miles Morales: better everything else...think of Miles as basically an expansion/DLC

Can someone with a LG OLED C2 42" tell me what I should use for the HDR settings in the game? thanks!

from what I hear: Spidey 1: better story...Miles Morales: better everything else...think of Miles as basically an expansion/DLC

I’d say that is accurate. MM has a good story but it doesn’t hit the same highs as the original game and the main villain isn’t as good.

I have it for the PS5 and yes the story on MM isn't as good as the 1st one. But it is a better play due to the mechanics of the game being better.

This game is a buggy mess on PC. I ran into an issue where you fast travel for the first time and it crashed to desktop. Now everytime I load the game and choose to continue the game crashes to desktop. I assumed that the save was corrupted so I loaded a previous save and the game plays fine but once I get to that same fast travel event the game crashes.

Can someone with a LG OLED C2 42" tell me what I should use for the HDR settings in the game? thanks!
I would start with luminance set to 600 and paper white at 100. Paper white at 100 is assuming your TV settings and Windows HDR settings (if on Windows 11) are calibrated.

I got a cheap key for this and am honestly a little surprised this was a separate game on the PC. Everything about it screams DLC. Same map, same graphics, same gameplay, same everything. It doesn't really add or change the world any more than the DLC's included with the original did. I get it being a new game on the consoles, but on the PC it's straight up deja vu.

I enjoyed it. It was a big expansion pack/DLC. Moves were limited compared to the first game, so that was a step back. But side missions were better. There were more actual side missions rather than repeating activities, although it had those to. Just had some real side quests to.

I'm enjoying it so far. Maybe more than the original since it seems a little more focused. It's more challenging early on, too. The original was pretty easy until you got near the end.
I'm 100% surprised at how unchanged things are for a "sequel," though. I can't even think of another stand-alone game that's so similar to its predecessor.

both Spidey games are on sale now on the Epic Store during its Winter Sale...there's a bonus 25% off coupon for every purchase over $14.99...so the price is more reasonable now...I was waiting for both games to go on sale for the total price of 1 game (so both games total around $59.99)...right now on Epic both games are $71.23...might be close enough to get me to bite

Back