Marvel's Midnight Suns

Speaking of the Marvel license, there is a tactical strategy game using the Transformers license that is pretty good. I should start a thread for it.

Marvel's Midnight Suns- 'The Awakening' | Official Announcement Trailer

Midnight Suns is coming to PC, PlayStation, Xbox, and Nintendo Switch in March 2022...

What an effing travesty. Been waiting for XCOM3 for years only to turn out that they wasted their resources on this garbage. I can't even begin to describe how mad this makes me.

Was hoping for the entire Xmen gang...

Firaxis confirmed that Iron Man, Captain America, Captain Marvel, Doctor Strange, Blade, Nico Minoru, Magik, Robbie Reyes as Ghost Rider, and Wolverine will all be playable...there will be a total of 13 allied heroes in all, drawn from the Avengers, X-Men, Runaways, and beyond

Looks Hot because its not Totally top down perspective like BG3 or Mutant Earth.

Hopefully it's as good as I remember Freedom Force being. Kind of makes me want to go back and play it again as I don't think I played all the way through.

This looks more awful the more I see of it. Tacky, boring, uninspired. It seems to have all the flaws of XCOM2 but none of the good parts. Chimera Squad was kind of a precursor to this, that also eliminated many of the good things in XCOM2 but not all. This goes all the way.

It's also dumb that they changed Midnight Sons to Midnight Suns. You know, to be inclusive or whatever, even though the Sons had at least two female members in the comics.

It's also dumb that they changed Midnight Sons to Midnight Suns. You know, to be inclusive or whatever, even though the Sons had at least two female members in the comics.
It's the same kind of thing where they changed "Where no man has gone before" to "Where no one has gone before" in Star Trek, even though the latter makes zero sense, and everybody though of "man" as human in the context anyway not literally a straight white male.

I only have interest in this game because of XCOM2, so showing off the licensed characters means nothing to me. Gameplay or GTFO. What are they hiding? Is it trash, or is it p2w?

I only have interest in this game because of XCOM2, so showing off the licensed characters means nothing to me. Gameplay or GTFO. What are they hiding? Is it trash, or is it p2w?

Looks like they let some YouTubers and stuff get some hands on time with the game and either let them record a bunch of their own footage or gave them a bunch to use on their own because I don't recognize the stuff in the video I've watched. The game plays very differently than XCOM. It looks like anyone going in expecting it to be XCOM but Marvel is going to be pretty surprised.

Here is a YouTuber that I like doing a big overview of the game and it's mechanics (with gameplay footage throughout the video): He has everything sorted into chapters so you can just skip around to the gameplay bits you're interested in.

I just deleted from my Wishlist they dont even have Tab targeting highlighting even Chimeria Squad had that.

I don't know why but I can't stand the turn based xcom style.
Very little about this game is xcom style, it's not even tile based. Only the combat is turn based, but with random generated attack cards.

I have to say if they wanted to make a game that appeals to me the least they succeeded.

Very little about this game is xcom style, it's not even tile based. Only the combat is turn based, but with random generated attack cards.

I have to say if they wanted to make a game that appeals to me the least they succeeded.
I’m not usually into these kinds of strategy games but something about how they’re handling it appeals to me. I doubt I’ll be as addicted to is as I get to games like XCOM but I do think I’ll enjoy at least one play through.

Marvel's Midnight Suns delayed

It was set to come out on October 7 but has now been pushed to an unspecified later date, possibly into early 2023...

https://twitter.com/midnightsuns/status/1556747093141663744

MS.png

new release date: December 2, 2022

Midnight Suns will also be getting prequel shorts beginning on October 31 that are a “set of five short videos that provide backstory on the formation of the young core of the Midnight Suns”...pre-orders available now

Back