Marvel's Avengers

Marvel’s Avengers Coming To Game Pass PC on September 30

we’re excited to announce that we’re making the complete Marvel’s Avengers experience, including all previously released free content, available with Xbox Game Pass for PC, Console, and Cloud on September 30th...Game Pass members will also have immediate access to our new War for Wakanda expansion, featuring our new playable Hero, Black Panther, and hours of new multiplayer and story content...

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/09/28/marvels-avengers-with-xbox-game-pass-september-30/

Last edited:
Marvel's Avengers gets paid XP boosters and not everyone is happy about it

shortly after its Game Pass appearance, Square Enix began selling consumable XP boosters in the game, ranging in price from 100 to 500 credits...a pack of 500 credits sells for $5...Square Enix promised in 2019 that it would never add "pay-to-win" mechanics to its Avengers game...

https://www.pcgamer.com/marvels-avengers-gets-paid-xp-boosters-and-not-everyone-is-happy-about-it/
They also made leveling more difficult, with one of the past couple of patches.

I played for free on gamepass, was alright but not the power fantasy smash fest it should have been. Plus whats with games shying away from proper flight/traversal speeds, the avengers have never been so slow (except for maybe Hawkeye).

it's interesting comparing avengers vs guardians of the galaxy. they're pretty much a direct study of what happens when garbage "live service" trash is layered on top of an otherwise decent game.
Agreed, live service is such a terrible model for customers. I have my nitpicks with Guardians, mainly the jet boots which basically lack being jetboots and are just a double jump/hover mechanic. I really wish more games would adopt a flight model, it was the best (and only good) part of Anthem.

this looks rough...doesn't look like PC players are missing anything after all...the Insomniac games version destroys this...plus the Avengers locations don't suit Spidey's skillset...

Marvel's Avengers: Spider-Man Exclusive Hands-On Preview

Marvel’s Avengers Shutting Down Imminently, She-Hulk and Other 2023 Content Canned

Crystal Dynamics has confirmed that Marvel's Avengers will wrap up with update 2.8 on March 31...no new content will be added to the game, all cosmetics will be made available for free, and the real-money Marketplace will be shut down...any shop credits not spent by that time will be converted into in-game resources

official support for Marvel's Avenger's will end on September 30, 2023...the game will still be playable both solo and online after that point, but no further updates, even minor bug fixes, will be offered...the game will also be delisted from digital storefronts at that time...

https://avengers.crystald.com/en-us/final-update-on-the-future-of-marvels-avengers/

Marvel’s Avengers Shutting Down Imminently, She-Hulk and Other 2023 Content Canned

Crystal Dynamics has confirmed that Marvel's Avengers will wrap up with update 2.8 on March 31...no new content will be added to the game, all cosmetics will be made available for free, and the real-money Marketplace will be shut down...any shop credits not spent by that time will be converted into in-game resources

official support for Marvel's Avenger's will end on September 30, 2023...the game will still be playable both solo and online after that point, but no further updates, even minor bug fixes, will be offered...the game will also be delisted from digital storefronts at that time...

https://avengers.crystald.com/en-us/final-update-on-the-future-of-marvels-avengers/

GOOD.

It was a garbage fest..

loki-very.gif

at least now Crystal Dynamics can devote their full resources and attention to the upcoming Tomb Raider game...the first two TR games were excellent in every way...Shadow of the Tomb Raider suffered as a result of Crystal Dynamics not being the lead developer

I still might pick up The Avengers game for cheap...I hear the main story is actually pretty decent

Wasn't this some live service garbage?

It does have a story based campaign. It plays like most other single player story driven games. But the story is lame, the main character is cringe, the gameplay is not all that great. It is playable but not good.

Back