Magazine Stand Conundrum...

BiH115

Gif Guy
Hey all, been doing some googling and wanted to just sort of get down to the nuts and bolts here without all the filler that I've been browsing through to get some answers...here's the situation:

I've got several physical copy subscriptions to magazines currently, and am trying to do away with that and go all in digitally. Now, I've got a subscription (to Inc Magazine, but that doesn't really matter) on the Apple newsstand on my iPad, and it's been a fantastic reading experience. Here's where the issue come sin though: I swapped my iPhone to a Note 3 (and wow is it good!) and am seeing myself using it even more than the iPad.

Since the Apple newsstand is not integrated with the new Google newsstand, would I be better off in the long run of subscribing to the Google variant, or just stick to the web based subscriptions that I can view when I go on a browser? I just don't want to cripple myself in the future, and have subscriptions on 2 separate devices...has anyone had any kind of situation similar to this?

From what I understand, buying a subscription on the Apple App store equates to it being a subscription through Apple, and then to the Magazine itself...so my Apple subscription is completely useless on the Android side AND the browser side...correct..? Help!

Thanks in advance.

Are you logging into the magazine site to access the subscription or into apple? none of that stuff is crossplatform unless you are buying access to their site and they say they support http access. At that point they may have free apps for different platforms.

I suppose my real question is whether or not the android app store for magazines is compatible with the browser based versions of the magazines...I'm very unfamiliar with android so I'm a bit lost with that aspect.

Ive run into this same problem. Amazon (thru kindle) would work, but they have a piss poor selection. Zinio and Google Play were the only ones i could get my ImagineFX, and 3D World magazines through. But i use an iPad, GalaxyTabPro, and a Surface, so i choose Zinio, which is crossplatform.

I just went with the Google Newsstand, might as well. Other than 'Fast Company' (which is basically a glorified PDF), the quality is fantastic for reading on the Note 3.

I know at one time if you had a print subscription you get the digital version for free on Google if you provide proof from the mailing label affixed to print. You might want to look into if they still offer that.

Back