Mad Men $19 per season @ Frys.com

I thought the entire point of Blu-Ray was that we wouldnt need multiple disks.

I thought the entire point of Blu-Ray was that we wouldnt need multiple disks.

That was never the point, but for games so far, yes it has worked out like that. But pre-recorded video works differently. A game uses a set of assets and 3-D engine to generate things in real time. Pre-recorded video has to store every bit of what you see. A 2 hour movie done well on Blu-ray is usually over 12 gigs. The entire point is very high bitrate HD video (currently the best you can get as a consumer) and usually uncompressed audio. high bitrate "HD" audio at the least.

not a bad deal but i still don't understand y everyone praises this show. i hate this show. its basically entourage for older ppl. lotsa sex money and drugs.

not a bad deal but i still don't understand y everyone praises this show. i hate this show. its basically entourage for older ppl. lotsa sex money and drugs.

1. It has really good and really consistent character writing. Consistency is important because you really feel like you are watching an actual person's experiences unravel in front of you. A lot of the dramas out there reach points where they write their characters out of character in order to get certain things done for the storyline. That is really sloppy and can alienate fans of the characters. The characters in Mad Men feel real. Therefore everything they do feels like an legitimate occurence. Your story arcs don't even have to be that good or that complex when you have this consistency.

2. The other reason the show is so popular is because the first 3 seasons are a scarily real period piece on the 1960's. This is especially intriguing for us younger people who did not live during that time. Although I've read books and had a couple of classes that focused on aspects of the 1950's and 1960's, I feel like I now understand much more about what was happening socially during that time in America.

good show.

Agreed with all the positive comments so far, best show in this generation of adult dramas by far. Don Draper is the best every-man character since Tony Soprano, and probably more true to life in an existential sort of way.

Plus Christina Hendricks... to quote the show, "she's just so much woman." :)

Gonna bet this series holds up well over time. $60 for the series so far on Blue-ray is a great price.

Back