M.2 SSD NVMe dynamic drive

Sinster

Gawd
I have an ADATA 1TB that's fairly new. I have been having issue with my MSI Mobo Tomachawk X570 with latest F/W and chipset drivers. The SSD would just disconnect and I would have to shutdown and tap on the drive in order for the mobo to recognize it. I would reboot and everything would be fine, but it would randomly disconnect.

Ordered another SSD drive to replace the ADATA, but during all the t/s I notice it was a dynamic drive. I tried to clone the partitions using AOMEI to a backup enclosed M.2 SSD SATA, but the Dynamic Drive would just stop being detected. Then I tried just copying the files which I was successful to a certain point, once again during the transfer of the files the drive wouldn't disconnect. I ordered an NVMe enclosure and tried again, this time I can see the partitions, but can't access the files. Is there another way I can copy those files. It's not a life or death matter, but would like some of those recent files I haven't back up off that drive.

I have an ADATA 1TB that's fairly new. I have been having issue with my MSI Mobo Tomachawk X570 with latest F/W and chipset drivers. The SSD would just disconnect and I would have to shutdown and tap on the drive in order for the mobo to recognize it. I would reboot and everything would be fine, but it would randomly disconnect.

Ordered another SSD drive to replace the ADATA, but during all the t/s I notice it was a dynamic drive. I tried to clone the partitions using AOMEI to a backup enclosed M.2 SSD SATA, but the Dynamic Drive would just stop being detected. Then I tried just copying the files which I was successful to a certain point, once again during the transfer of the files the drive wouldn't disconnect. I ordered an NVMe enclosure and tried again, this time I can see the partitions, but can't access the files. Is there another way I can copy those files. It's not a life or death matter, but would like some of those recent files I haven't back up off that drive.
does it do it in both slots? could maybe try them without the cover. maybe they are just loosing contact?!

does it do it in both slots? could maybe try them without the cover. maybe they are just loosing contact?!

Tried without cover and re-seated it. The other M.2 is occupied with an SATA which has my O/S. The M.2 slot for the NVMe doesn't recognize the SATA drives. That's why I purchased the ADATA and removed my WD 1Tb and now that's the backup in the enclosure.

Not understanding Dynamic Disks, even though they don't have a partition table I thought I could put it in an enclosure and would be fine.

Back