M.2 drive with the highest endurance?

ZodaEX

Supreme [H]ardness
Which model of M.2 SSDs have the highest write endurance rating out of them all?

From what I understand, generally speaking the more layered the die is the less endurance. SLC would have the most and TLC or QLC less and less.
For the samsungs - it would be the Pro series (vs their EVO series). I haven't used other brands too much so can't offer any advice on any of those.

Samsung doesn't make any enterprise grade M.2 SSDs with higher endurance than a consumer Pro model?

Which model of M.2 SSDs have the highest write endurance rating out of them all?
Consumer grade, probably Samsung 970 Pro with MLC would be one of the highest on endurance. Intel Optane drives are also known to have high endurance.

If you were fine to use U.2, which are M.2 with another connector / form factor, more options on enterprise grade will open up, for example Micron 9300 Pro/Max would be my recommendation.

Intel Optane 905p. Petabytes upon petabytes of official endurance (8.8 PB on the 480GB, scales with capacity), unofficially expect several times higher.

If M.2 (or money) is not a limitation, the P4800X/P4801X enterprise cards are rated for 60 DWPD, and unofficially much higher.

Back