LTT builds a radiator desk lol

Just use a car radiator and save a few hundred after a point.
not sure if the fittings would work for pc parts? maybe if you rig hose claps & such but this radiator desk if it were planned out better would be so cool I really liked this experiment.

I personally would never put a 3000 rpm fan (or any fan for that matter) right above my junk.

I personally would never put a 3000 rpm fan (or any fan for that matter) right above my junk.
haha chucks of your knee caps would be flying off in due time and if you have the childhood habit of sticking your gum underneath the table like all elementary school desks then you'd be in for a unpleasant surprise lmao

not sure if the fittings would work for pc parts? maybe if you rig hose claps & such but this radiator desk if it were planned out better would be so cool I really liked this experiment.
You can make any hole work with any fitting. Watercooling rads are excessively expensive. Half the reason I just use a heatercore from a car as a rad on my wc builds.

My mates back in the old days would use the heater cores, we are talking 100Wish Athlon XP days though. Modern watercooling is ridiculously hand holding, which leads to issues when they don't top up/change fluid or monitor it etc as usual because they don't know or it's some AIO pos that you can't do anything to.

If they had loaded up the full array with fans aimed down, they could have easily run an offset glass top and kept the fans low enough speed to remain quiet. Using a decent fan controller, they could even keep the fans near the user's legs turned off until temps justified spinning them up. With 8x560 rads, a quiet low speed (300rpm) fan like the ML140 would give nearly the same sound level as a passive setup but offer 10x the cooling. To minimize the sound level, the controller could be set to selectively spin up individual fans as needed.

That said, I _love_ this setup. It's an awesome way to get huge cooling without taking up valuable space in the room or adding much noise.

Neat idea, but its way too small and its not the most elegant solution.

Not too long ago LTT tried to cool a PC with a car radiator and it turned into a disaster. Granted it was the most jank job ever.

This, however, was not jank. Alex and the new engineer did a good job with the design.

I can dig it. Need to be wider and deeper thought. With that more radiators and fans. Running at minimal speed could be nice on the balls. Definitely need a mess grill underneath for protection.

Having the radiator and fans on the side instead of the top of the desk would make it way less original I guess but could be an easier way to go:

Not sure how much you gain past having 2 560m radiator, maybe it is worth it, but you can still double it and have 4 of them, 2 each side, let you choose the desk format/size/top material that you want.

Back