LSI 9201-8I Compatible Motherboard

I bought LSI SAS HBA 9201-8i card from eBay flashed with IT mode.

I am planning to use the card for unRaid build.

Unfortunately non of my two consumer pc's identified the card.

Both will boot normally and not show the card bios screen and even its not detected by the unRaid or the windows 10.

I tried all the available PCI-e slots but no luck, system boots normally with the card un-detected.

Can any one suggest me a decent motherboard (Z390,Z370 ... 8th generation) that is compatible with these cards.

I dont own a 9201-8i, to say for sure, nor i know if yours has any limitations due to the bios/firmware it currently has, i did try a couple of 9207-8i on an Asus H170 Pro Gaming and had no issues. In the past i had issues with some motherboards recognizing certain LSI Raid/HBA cards, but not always, really depends on a lot of things. My suggestion is to go check storage forums like FreeNas and unRaid forums, you will find a lot of builds there, probably some with your 9201 card, and you check their motherboard of choices, a lot of times you will find Supermicro as one of the brands that a lot of people use, i have good success over the years with them and LSI cards, no issues recognizing them or flashing/instaling, etc. Currently Supermicro has already mobos that ssupport 8th gen, like SUPERMICRO MBD-X11SCA-F-O, you probably dont need a motherboard since you are looking for Z390/Z370, but they also have a more consumer oriented line, an example SUPERMICRO SuperO MBD-C9Z390-CGW-O, weather its like its their server line i dont know, i haven't used those motherboards, and if you are into overclocking, i would probably steer away from them, at least for now.

Back