Low latency mode in Nvidia 3D settings menu, do you turn it on or off?

xDiVolatilX

2[H]4U
Low latency mode in Nvidia 3D settings menu, do you turn it on or off?

Is there any side effects to turning it on?

I definitely prefer to leave V-sync ON and G-Sync ON also both I need and love.

How do you run your gaming on 4k 144hz? Low latency mode ON or ON-Ultra or OFF?

Check the blurbusters forums (or elsewhere) for more in-depth info, but, if I'm remembering correctly:

You want LL/ULL on when running G+VSync if you are reguarly hitting high/max GPU utilization. UltraLL automatically enforces a sub-refresh rate FPS cap so having it on removes the need to manually set one elewhere, and if a game has Reflex support, that'll override LL/ULL (since it's implemented in the game engine instead of at driver level), so it doesn't matter what you have LL set to if you're running Reflex in-game.

I personally run with ULL on since most games I play are usually hitting pretty high GPU utlization (4k/120Hz/RTX4090), either by their own accord, or because I crank up the resolution scale.

Thanks for the response Doubletake.

Why do you use ON and not Ultra Little buddy?

Thanks for the response Doubletake.

Why do you use ON and not Ultra Little buddy?
The reason I use "On" is DX11 games aren't that demanding for a 4090 and I limit my frames to 116 since I'm on a 120Hz 4K Display. "Ultra" is for DX11 games where your GPU Utilization is 95-100%. "Ultra" is worse latency than "On" if your GPU usage is less than 95%.

The reason I use "On" is DX11 games aren't that demanding for a 4090 and I limit my frames to 116 since I'm on a 120Hz 4K Display. "Ultra" is for DX11 games where your GPU Utilization is 95-100%. "Ultra" is worse latency than "On" if your GPU usage is less than 95%.
Well that explains my game lagging out and glitching for no reason cause I was only at 60% utilization and had it on ultra. Good that you said this I was baffled because I forgot I turned it on to ultra lmao

Back