Looking to build Intel System

I'm a new member to this forum, so I hope everyone can forgive me for any mistakes I make, however I'm looking to pick someones brain surrounding this build I'm considering the i7 8700k this will be a good pick for all-round best performance so I have that one ironed out, but what I need help with is picking out a motherboard(atx or matx) preferably a Z390 board, that has a healthy amount of VRM( good quality)for overclocking goodness & coolness anything over $250 AUD is just not good value for the dollar for me and a Graphics card preferably 6gb or 8gb card, if someone can add there 2 cents worth I'd appreciate it, oh maybe also a good set of ram kits as well. Thanks guys any assists would be good.

Not sure on the pricing ~ its $230 here in the states, but I like the EVGA Z390 FTW has a decent 11 phase VRM (plus you can grab a 10y warranty total for an extra 30$ that covers overclocking in case you fry it)
That said is there a reason you don't want to go AMD? the 3700x is a great contender and probably cheaper in price.

As for GPU if you can snag a 1070 used, thats your best bang for buck right now, theres several for sale on the forums not sure if you can talk someone into shipping international.

There is a thread documenting info that we kind of need to have in order to be any help, but the two most important questions that have to be answered:
1.) Budget.
2.) What do you need to buy? (CPU, Mobo, RAM, Graphics card, OS, keyboard, case, whatever Saying: "EVERYTHING" is not a good answer. Be specific).

Not sure on the pricing ~ its $230 here in the states, but I like the EVGA Z390 FTW has a decent 11 phase VRM (plus you can grab a 10y warranty total for an extra 30$ that covers overclocking in case you fry it)
That said is there a reason you don't want to go AMD? the 3700x is a great contender and probably cheaper in price.

As for GPU if you can snag a 1070 used, thats your best bang for buck right now, theres several for sale on the forums not sure if you can talk someone into shipping international.
Thanks for your assist, much appreciated.

There is a thread documenting info that we kind of need to have in order to be any help, but the two most important questions that have to be answered:
1.) Budget.
2.) What do you need to buy? (CPU, Mobo, RAM, Graphics card, OS, keyboard, case, whatever Saying: "EVERYTHING" is not a good answer. Be specific).
Thanks for your message, It will take me roughly a month & a half but I'll have enough money for the i7 8700k, Mobo, Ram, and Graphics card, don't need the OS have one already, any assist would be great.

Thanks for your message, It will take me roughly a month & a half but I'll have enough money for the i7 8700k, Mobo, Ram, and Graphics card, don't need the OS have one already, any assist would be great.

You still didn't really answer the big budget question. So we can just assume you have any amount to spend.

I'd recommend buying 4x nVidia Titan V's at $3000 each, if you don't need 4 cards, I suppose 1 will suffice. I'd recommend skipping the 8700k. Might as well go for a 28-Core Xeon W-3175X and Asus Dominus Extreme for a combined price of $5000. It's 6 channel, so I'd recommend 6x 64GB sticks for 384GB at a minimum. You can pick those up for around $2000-$2500.

If you "only" buy one card, should be able to keep it under $10k, which seems fine.

You still didn't really answer the big budget question. So we can just assume you have any amount to spend.

I'd recommend buying 4x nVidia Titan V's at $3000 each, if you don't need 4 cards, I suppose 1 will suffice. I'd recommend skipping the 8700k. Might as well go for a 28-Core Xeon W-3175X and Asus Dominus Extreme for a combined price of $5000. It's 6 channel, so I'd recommend 6x 64GB sticks for 384GB at a minimum. You can pick those up for around $2000-$2500.

If you "only" buy one card, should be able to keep it under $10k, which seems fine.
Yeah sorry about that, I should've given you a budget amount shouldn't I, yeah I don't have that kind of money to throw around and from what I've seen you definitely don't need to pay that kind of cash to have a great gaming/editing etc system...The prices I saw online are in U.S; currency where I am are in AUD..CPU:Ryzen:3700X for around $300; Intel: i5 8600k for around $300; Mobo: Asus or Gigabyte are pretty good anything more $280 for a motherboard there wouldn't be worth my while; whether its AMD or Intel and Graphics cards (prefer AMD though)anything over $400 wouldn't be worth it for me.

1.) Budget.
Where do I go to "thread documenting info"?

I just put together a build for a friend he ended up selecting the 3700x and a Gigabyte Aorus Elite board (12+2 phase VRM).
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Spartacus09/saved/#view=hz7p23 (the case he got used local)

Here's the 8700vs3700 comparison pretty close in performance, but the CPU is a bit cheaper: https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-8700K-vs-AMD-Ryzen-7-3700X/3937vs4043
Thanks for the work you put in, to getting me this info "pcpartpicker" is a good guide to go buy, gives you some good ideas.

Happy to help, hit us back if you have any other questions or would like us to comment on any parts list you like yourself.

Thanks for the work you put in, to getting me this info "pcpartpicker" is a good guide to go buy, gives you some good ideas.
You probably don't need that much memory as well the VRMs dont really matter much on the 3700X CPU, as long as you have a good heatsink and some airflow. Even a X570 Pro4 would work perfect!

I was thinking about building myself an Intel System but after doing some research AMD(Ryzen) is more competitive in there pricing, and Ryzen CPU's are definitely knocking at the heels of Intel if not doing better price wise to performance unless you have an loads of cash you can throw lots of money around yeah then maybe Intel then spend loads of cash towards a Graphics Card, RAM, PSU, SSD or whatever most people buy. But I think I would be correct in saying that most people almost always have a budget in mind( they don't have loads of cash to throw away.) They buy what they can afford. So I think I'll go with either a 3700X or 3900X and its either going to be Gigabyte or Asus motherboards. That's my take to things. Anyone reading this post if you agree or disagree send me a post or reply. Thanks guys & girls.

Back