Looking for recent feedback on Vorpx for my Oculus

LGabrielPhoto

2[H]4U
Hello guys!
So just wondering how you like Vorpx and how does it compare to the real native games.
It would be nice to be able to use other games that are not available in VR for sure.

Thanks!

I haven’t used it, but others have to varying degrees of success. From what I’ve read, it does work, but it is nowhere close to real native VR support, requires tinkering, and the overall results are somewhat mixed depending on the game involved. It’s a bandaid, sub-optimal solution to VR at best and reviews for it tend to be more negative then positive. Good VR support, especially when it comes to VR controls, locomotion, gaming interface really need to be baked into a game’s DNA.

I haven’t used it, but others have to varying degrees of success. From what I’ve read, it does work, but it is nowhere close to real native VR support, requires tinkering, and the overall results are somewhat mixed depending on the game involved. It’s a bandaid, sub-optimal solution to VR at best and reviews for it tend to be more negative then positive. Good VR support, especially when it comes to VR controls, locomotion, gaming interface really need to be baked into a game’s DNA.
Good point about the controls part indeed. I will stick to the real games for now. At least there are enough to keep me busy with my limited playing time. :)
VR is really something else..even my wife that never liked video games now actually asks me to play beat saber :D
I was always into 3D stuff since trying 3D glasses way back then with the Sega Master System so this is like gaming heaven for me!

I bought vorpx a long time ago. Makes me sick af and I want to puke. It takes too much work to get anything working right. Great idea but VR needs native support or else it's pure shit.

It worked great on Bioshock. I really have not tried many others. Maybe I should.

I love VorpX, but you need to adjust your expectations. I don't go in expecting a full VR experience. I go in expecting the best 3D experience I can get in theater mode and I'm usually not disappointed if the game is supported. Think 3D Vision from Nvidia, only better, not full VR.

Back